Thread
Printable Version

Amber (RTÉ One) General Discussion (Spoilers)

Amber (RTÉ One) General Discussion (Spoilers)

Amber Premiered on RTÉ One on  January 19, 2014

Set in Dublin's suburbs, with its massive empty modern apartment blocks, Amber's parents Ben (David Murray) and Sarah (Eva Birthistle), recently separated, are getting on with their lives. Everything changes one afternoon, however, when Amber (Lauryn Canny) fails to return home as arranged. As her family and friends search for her, emotions will be tested in the harsh glare of the media spotlight.

Amber is tender, touching, and unflinchingly horrifying. Each episode focuses on one particular character or set of characters, broadening out as the series continues to tell a story from the point of view of many of those whose lives are affected.

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About Amber Here

1x01 Sarah

It must be hard for Amber's dad, Ben as he was the one who dropped her off and the fact he seen her walking up the drive in his rear view mirror it all looked normal at the time, the footage of her on the train was no help and the police hunt being stepped down after 62 days was understandable as there was no new leads

1x02 Maeve

Paying him 10,000 for the location was crazy but the fact he killed someone else and he gave up her location before he killed himself was surprising

Reply 8#8 codebreaker's post

This must be Ireland's version of 'BroadChurch'?  

[ Last edited by Milks26 at 6-18-2014 07:34 ]

Reply 9#9 Milks26's post

And the US doing their version next should be interesting to see how it compares

1x03 Charlie

Thinking Amber's missing mobile phone may have the answer to her disappearance was understandable but the fact it was stolen on the day she went missing wasn't going to help and Charlie being deported after returning the phone was sad

Reply 10#10 codebreaker's post

Well, I already know that the US version won't have enough muster. I can't watch Amber because the videos here won't play and bbc 4 iplayer only works in the UK

I checked youtube but no one has posted any episodes yet. I'll keep checking  

1x04 Ben

Ben posing as an on-line predator was a very risky move but as he believed that she was befriended by someone on-line before she vanished you can understand his reasons and what a disappointing conclusion

Reply 9#9 Milks26's post

Amber was actually produced first so I guess Broadchurch took it's lead from Amber

Thread