Thread
Printable Version

BEWARE buying F$- money TAKEN from account with no points

BEWARE buying F$- money TAKEN from account with no points

I tried twice (stupidly) to buy F$ through friend vista yesterday - my card was declined twice so I gave up. No F$ were added to my account. Today I log on to my internet banking and see that two payments of £6.30 ($10) have been taken from my account from a company in Beijing,  company INT'L 0071040682 - safe to say I do not normally purchase things from China apart from here.

Have been using this site for years and will no longer be. Can't see myself getting that money back!

You've been warned.

I'll give that a go, thanks.

I will update when it has been resolved.. Presumably the link to 'get F$' shouldn't still be on the site if the payment methods have changed. I'm not a seasoned forum user...!

Oh and no order number as card was 'declined'. I only have the reference number as per my initial thread. I have PMd lbjedward so will update on reply.

Ok, well it hasn't worked for me, my card was declined, so no order number other than the payment reference on my statement- payment was still taken and a week later I am still out of pocket. To me that isn't a 'valid' payment method, but I suppose it is possible I am the exception, not the rule. It's only $10 but still very annoying and it still hasn't been sorted. I keep checking as I want to watch something!

Yeah I have emailed lbjedward as requested but no reply. Rang bank- they said the Chinese company has taken the money from my account and the 'declined' message must have been fraudulent/ a mistake.

Happy to screenshot bank statement although that shouldn't be necessary as I have posted the number as above. As I said, it's only about £6 so not a big deal- just very annoying as I have used this site fairly frequently since 2007/8ish with no problems ever, and I'm not happy to send more money to get more points. I would like to continue using the site, but again, not prepared to throw away any more money over it. I'll give it a few days for a reply from lbjedward. End of weekend now so won't be watching shows during the week but will try and check back in the week if I get a sec.

All sorted for me now - thank you.

Thread