Thread
Printable Version

Paypal! not ptsExchange

Reply 2#2 codebreaker's post

Thanks for posting that link Jim.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 1#1 Noverman's post

I know how convenient Paypal is, but believe there was some kind of issue there with the way it used to be set up. See post #1 on the link codebreaker posted for instructions on how to pay using Paypal now. The Amazon gift card offer is really the best value since you get 50% more $F for your money. Amazon doesn't take Paypal, but you can use a prepaid credit card there. [ Last edited by waterlilybarb at 10-16-2013 15:16 ]

Reply 6#6 wohbomber1's post

I think you need to post that in (Mod snip - removed url) this thread. I will make a post directing LBJ to your post here. edit: It appears that that link is dead, and the post has been replaced with this one. ~ Barb [ Last edited by waterlilybarb at 10-23-2013 16:33 ]

Reply 10#10 megscih's post

Quote:
Originally posted by megscih at 10-29-2013 02:38 My amazon account was hacked after I bought the giftcard. Is this a scam?
No, it's not a scam. As codebreaker said, you are the 1st person to report such an issue. When you give someone a giftcard, they do not have access to your log in information. I use Amazon all the time, and give & receive giftcards frequently, and have never had an issue. If you haven't already, change your Amazon account password to a stronger one.

Reply 13#13 ladama's post

Quote:
Originally posted by ladama at 10-30-2013 07:03 I found Paypal very convienant as well but i have don't a first payment with my card and i wanted to find out how it would show on bank statement because i have something like this which i don't recog ...
Please forgive me, but I want to make sure I understand your question. Have you already made a payment or are you wondering what it would look like on your bank statement if you make one in future? You do still have the option of using Paypal. The only difference is that rather than it being credited to your account right away, our Admin will do it manually. If you haven't made a payment yet, you may want to check out this thread for more information.

Reply 15#15 ladama's post

I can't say for certain, as I've never had any payments from the site made using ptsexchange.net, but I imagine it will be similar to what you posted above. You know the date and amount you paid, so look for that on your statement if it's not plainly stated. I would still either use Paypal or the Amazon gift card option for purchasing any points because they offer a better value.

Reply 17#17 brandee's post

I am sorry you have had so much difficulty. You need to send a PM to lbjedward, our site Administrator to help deal with this issue. You do still have the option of using Paypal, but you won't get the automatic credit of the F$ into your account. Please see HERE for information about the new method of using Paypal. Amazon gift cards are another option, and are the best deal for members.[/url]

Reply 19#19 jstoner6's post

I posted a quote of your post in this thread, just to make sure Admin sees it.

Reply 21#21 jstoner6's post

Please send a PM to lbjedward with your information & proof of purchase. He should be able to sort it out for you.

Reply 23#23 jstoner6's post

It is definitely not a scam. Paypal is still an option, it's just done differently now. THIS is the thread that explains how to use PP to purchase points now. As for contacting Admin, you are much more likely to get a quicker response by sending a PM to his inbox in the forum. He's located in China, so there will usually be a time delay, but LBJ makes a great deal of effort to assist customers.

Reply 40#40 turiel's post

I quoted your post in this thread, as that is the relevant thread for such information. I am closing this thread, as it is no longer relevant, seeing as our credit card gateway has been changed.

Thread