Thread
Printable Version

Slow Buffering Issue Update - 7th Aug 2013

Reply 3#3 heidepro's post

Any shows in particular? I just tested a show on my iPod Touch and it loaded and played right away - no issues of slow buffering.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 7#7 heidepro's post

Are you having issues with anything else loading slower on your iPad? I haven't noticed any slowing down, and I've tested it a few times on my iPod Touch since you first posted about it. My internet is fast, but not the fastest available, and it still loads pretty much as fast as it does when I watch on the regular site.

Reply 15#15 candudette's post

I've not had any time out issues, but I did notice shows were loading very slow yesterday. I thought it was just me. No idea as to the cause. It happens more often at peak times, but I was watching at an odd time, so that wasn't the issue. You mentioned you were on your laptop. Were you plugged directly into your modem, or using wifi (I know you said not a wireless device, but I have to ask)? No one else has mentioned the problem, so I'm wondering if it's a location thing? It's weird, but sometimes some areas have issues and others don't, and it tends to be quite random. If Admin mentions anything, we'll be sure to post about it.

Reply 17#17 candudette's post

Which operating system does your computer use, and which version (Mac, Windows 8, etc)? Updates can make a difference. Have you tried any of the suggestions in our Flash Player Trouble Shooting / Helpful Tips Thread?

Reply 20#20 candudette's post

I've done all the recent Windows 7 updates and not had any issues with them. I'm sorry I can't think of what else to suggest. Hopefully, another member, or another moderator will have something useful to suggest.

Reply 22#22 tniat's post

I've been watching shows the past few days too, and nothing has loaded slowly. I suggest trying the other server, if you haven't already. I generally find the EU server works best for me - I'm in Canada - but if it's slow, I switch to the US server. I don't bother with the HD server because I DO find it to be slow for me. On your iPad, you would be accessing the mobile site, which has it's own server, and I've not had issues with it either - I've tested it this week on my iPod Touch. I can only suggest checking some suggestions in the Flash Player Trouble Shooting / Helpful Tips Thread, though I don't think there is anything there applicable to the mobile site.

Reply 28#28 petukhovat's post

The mobile site has it's own server. If it were a widespread issue, we would have a lot of people posting about it in the forum. Yours is the first complaint we've had in a few months about speed, so I doubt it's a site issue. What device are you streaming on that you are using the mobile site? If you are watching from your TV or computer, you can use the regular site, which might be better. I use the site at similar times - 9-12pm Eastern Time, and rarely have an issue with buffering.

Reply 30#30 petukhovat's post

It is not possible for me or any other moderator to check how busy the servers are, as we don't have access to any of the technical side. We can ask Admin about it, but I can't guarantee a speedy reply.

Thread