Thread
Printable Version

Slow Buffering Issue Update - 7th Aug 2013

Slow Buffering Issue Update - 7th Aug 2013

Hi all, We have been advised by admin that they are doing a mass data transfer from the current servers to the new servers. This is what is causing the issues with the US and EU servers. The admin team hope to have the new servers up and running this month which will alleviate the buffering issues we have seen (especially during peak hours). Going forward the tech team will try to do these transfers, to the new server, outside of peak hours to avoid causing further streaming issues. Thanks for your patience. When we have the new servers up and running, it will be well worth it! Shinny

Reply 5#5 heidepro's post

Hiya, no because the files are HTML-5 coded so they are not "sitting" on a server as such. When you load the show, do you pause it and let it load up for about 10 mins or so?

Also, what browser are you using? Are you using Safari? If so, try downloading the Google Chrome app and try that way.

Might be an obvious question, but just checking that you are on WIFI and not trying to stream on 3G/4G? I just tried on my iPhone and it's working fine for me.

Reply 12#12 heidepro's post

Glad it worked through the Puffin web browser. You have to pay for the flash support, right? It's strange why it stopped working for you though. I just tested it again there and it was fine. Have you turned your iPad on and off lately? Closed out apps etc? Just trying to see if there could be any other reasons.

I've not had any real issues either. Viptv (EU, US and HD) are all loading fast for me. However, I have noticed that if I'm watching something on the mobile site and I pause it, for whatever reason, when I start to play it again it stops streaming and I have to refresh and start from that point again. I'm not sure why it's happening, as it's never happened before.

Reply 30#30 petukhovat's post

There is a solution to getting your iPad to play flash content, which means you can use the regular site. You'll need to download an app that has Flash ability, something like Puffin or Photon (Photon seems the most popular for iPad) - They are not free, however. They cost about €3-€4 on the iPhone, not sure how much on the iPad. I use Puffin on my iPhone and it works well for me.

Thread