32 12
Thread
Printable Version

Slow Buffering Issue Update - 7th Aug 2013

Slow Buffering Issue Update - 7th Aug 2013

Hi all, We have been advised by admin that they are doing a mass data transfer from the current servers to the new servers. This is what is causing the issues with the US and EU servers. The admin team hope to have the new servers up and running this month which will alleviate the buffering issues we have seen (especially during peak hours). Going forward the tech team will try to do these transfers, to the new server, outside of peak hours to avoid causing further streaming issues. Thanks for your patience. When we have the new servers up and running, it will be well worth it! Shinny

Reply 1#1 shinny's post

Thank you for the update it been much better this week but last week was issue

Slow buffering now.

Is anyone else experiencing very slow buffering on the mobile site? It seems like the desktop versions are functioning normally, however I am unable to watch any shows via the mobile site as the playback is incredibly slow. It has been this way for at least a week.

Reply 3#3 heidepro's post

Any shows in particular? I just tested a show on my iPod Touch and it loaded and played right away - no issues of slow buffering.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

It seems like any show. I stopped trying on my iPad for a few days because the shows wouldn't load, and tried again just now with the same issue. It loads fine from the regular site on my laptop (although I haven't been using the USA server link). Is there a way to change the server on the mobile device? Thanks!

Reply 5#5 heidepro's post

Hiya, no because the files are HTML-5 coded so they are not "sitting" on a server as such. When you load the show, do you pause it and let it load up for about 10 mins or so?

Yes. It loads at a creeping rate. It would take hours. My internet speed is very fast and it used to function just like my laptop.

Reply 7#7 heidepro's post

Are you having issues with anything else loading slower on your iPad? I haven't noticed any slowing down, and I've tested it a few times on my iPod Touch since you first posted about it. My internet is fast, but not the fastest available, and it still loads pretty much as fast as it does when I watch on the regular site.

Also, what browser are you using? Are you using Safari? If so, try downloading the Google Chrome app and try that way.

Thanks for the replies! everything else loads quickly (YouTube, Netflix, etc.). I downloaded the Google Crome app to try, but same issue. Seems like same issue on iPhone as well. Any other thoughts?

Might be an obvious question, but just checking that you are on WIFI and not trying to stream on 3G/4G? I just tried on my iPhone and it's working fine for me.

Yes, definitely WIFI I wish that we're the issue. I just downloaded the Puffin app (with flash support) and was able to play shows without any problem - loading at normal fast speed. The mobile version is just not working for me, which is unfortunate as it has worked well up until a week ago or so. I guess I'm the only one, though, which is strange.

Reply 12#12 heidepro's post

Glad it worked through the Puffin web browser. You have to pay for the flash support, right? It's strange why it stopped working for you though. I just tested it again there and it was fine. Have you turned your iPad on and off lately? Closed out apps etc? Just trying to see if there could be any other reasons.

I paid a few bucks for the app, but then unlimited flash. The biggest problem/disappointment is that I can't mirror with Apple TV using Puffin - so I still would like to solve the crazy slow download mystery. I did try turning it off, and closed all the apps. Still no improvement. I thought maybe it had to do with an iOS update, but then I probably wouldn't be alone with this issue. I figure I'll just keep trying every now and then and see if it fixes itself. Thanks for your help trying to troubleshoot this, I really appreciate it.

timing out on all servers

I have been having an issue for about a week where all servers are timing out and I have to repeatedly try loading the shows.. eventually one of them will kick on, but it is driving me crazy. This is on my laptop, not a wireless device. Any thoughts? usually if I am having trouble with one server, the other works fine... not now though

Reply 15#15 candudette's post

I've not had any time out issues, but I did notice shows were loading very slow yesterday. I thought it was just me. No idea as to the cause. It happens more often at peak times, but I was watching at an odd time, so that wasn't the issue. You mentioned you were on your laptop. Were you plugged directly into your modem, or using wifi (I know you said not a wireless device, but I have to ask)? No one else has mentioned the problem, so I'm wondering if it's a location thing? It's weird, but sometimes some areas have issues and others don't, and it tends to be quite random. If Admin mentions anything, we'll be sure to post about it.

I am plugged in, not using the wifi. everything else seems to be fine. my computer recently updated, but I con't know how that would affect this.. I get the STREAM-NOT-FOUND message when it times out. I doubt that helps, but who knows..If there is a codec update page or anything, can you let me know?

Reply 17#17 candudette's post

Sometimes rebooting your rooter can help

Reply 17#17 candudette's post

Which operating system does your computer use, and which version (Mac, Windows 8, etc)? Updates can make a difference. Have you tried any of the suggestions in our Flash Player Trouble Shooting / Helpful Tips Thread?

I updated the flash player.. there were some windows updates (Windows 7 operating system), but I am not sure how to tell if any were the culprit. (I updated flash after the installs..) Still is happening, so I am not sure what to do. Sometimes the show ill pop right on, but then I fight for the next 3. I am usually pretty good at trouble-shooting, but having all of the player options affected baffles me.

32 12
Thread