40 12
Thread
Printable Version

Reign Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 4#4 codebreaker's post

I have to say when i first saw this i thought it was awful but once they released extended preview i thought actually it's not as bad as i think it was going to be. I might give this a shot i realise this will be no The Borgias but just PG-13 version with stupid love triangle but conspiracy behind the plot is the only reason why i am watching this.

Pilot

I have to say i was pleasantly surprised by this episode when i first heard of this i really wasn't interested in this series but i am so glad i watched the pilot because so much is going on that actually make this series more than this stupid love triangle that common in CW shows.

It really has some good writing and i am curious who the person who warned her . I think i know who it is

Mary find out her future husband has no intention on marry her and it was just an arrangement but you would of thought that after she found out he has a girl on the side she would asked her friends to find out who she was?. Most teenage girl would done that if someone was after their man?. That was only problem i had with the episode.

[ Last edited by bala at 10-19-2013 12:57 ]

Snakes in the Garden

Another great episode but whoever the girl is in dungeon she knows everyone's secret but the English solider try scare Mary was a good attempt. .

Reply 18#18 codebreaker's post

Yes she has tough choice but i think it would be a mistake to go to Spain because it's clear what he has another agenda from promo of next weeks episodes.

Hearts and Minds

Another good episode but Mary almost making biggest mistake with Spain king but her whipping boy was interesting concept i mean that one way of get around hitting a women . If this thing actually existed back than i feel sorry for them can you imagine the amount of abuse they would of got.

I am so glad they got bottom of spanish conspiracy

A Chill in the Air

Well you just knew it wouldn't be easy but love triangles are getting a bit ridiculous in this series .

They just couldn't one normal episode where everyone's happy

Reply 25#25 arksongbird80's post

True but you know what i mean an episode there no impending situation just for one episode and than getting back to drama. I just feel we don't get to see other side of the royal family

1X07 Left Behind

Well the castle being taken over by Spanish king while French king was away was some great timing holding everyone hostage was predictable but Francis going back to rescue Mary proved he loves her

1x08 Fated

Well look Francis and Mary have consummated there love before the wedding but you jut know by end of this episode it wouldn't a happy ending with Mary riding off to protect him with his brother was good way to leave the episode off.

Reply 47#47 codebreaker's post

Yes but that fact soilder was lazy and didn't bury her means she alive

The Consummation

OMG this was ridiculously amusing episode all because of stupid prophecy which as we all know is open to interpretation and i am not ruin it but up and down were completely amusing in this episode and poor Mary being happy her mother came but find out she forced her get married by faking news about English queen was sad.

Reply 52#52 arksongbird80's post

I didn't know they cut out that part when they aired that episode talk about having an audience

Reply 54#54 arksongbird80's post

Quote:
  How do they prove she's a virgin or is that even a thing?
They is a way but i can't mention it on a public forum let just say if it's not tight she nots a virgin   i saw this on another tv series where nurse check

Reply 59#59 codebreaker's post

It did look like an accident but when he tried do the same thing to Kenna i got a bit suspicious  .

The Darkness

The French king has become murderous king and Catherine need to keep that under wraps while he remains king but the fact women pushed him into become like this was amusing .

Monsters

Catherine thinking she could manipulate that girl into drugging the king backfired but the way she play both of them was amusing . Things are getting rather tricky for some of the characters in this series

1x17 Liege Lord

Mary discovering a secret claus in her marriage contract was surprising but find out her mother knew about it worse but what Catherine did was really crazy but what a lesson to teach Mary about people she rules under.

Toy Soldiers

When did CW decides to actually make a serious teen drama i was expecting is to typical love triangle fluff and this episode shows complex nature of being king and queen of different countries and the choice they have to make and as always Catherine is full of tricks but even her trick couldn't predict kings actions.

The way this series heading i concerned that it going both of them being in war with each other countries .

Higher Ground

Another great episode and Francis actually showing what sort of leader he was , was fantastic he not just a pretty face the guy has a good mind taking out cannon was smart move but how he did it was brilliant

Slaughter of Innocence

Well Francis killing the king was impressive but he really had no choice but what a cliffhanger about black plague

40 12
Thread