Thread
Printable Version

Reign Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 32#32 bala's post

Kenna being mistaken for Diane was lucky as she figured out what her plan but telling Catherine was a mistake and Nostradamus telling Mary of his prophecy did make things interesting

1x09 For King and Country

Henry threatening to kill Bash if she don't go through with the marriage was bizarre but going with Mary's third option was a surprise and Catherine being held prisoner was karma for all her evil doings

1x10 Sacrifice

I thought right from the start that Isobel looked like she had a tie to Bash but Mary trying to help free her after she was wrongly imprisoned was predictable but tragic she died after giving birth, Catherine's imprisonment was amusing as Mary was determined to make her suffer but Lola blackmailing Catherine was incredible

1x11 Inquisition

Catherine using the baby to try and save her head was predictable but the way she unwrapped the bandage it looked like she already knew and Henry almost cutting the guards head off was a surprise, Catherine being overcome by the poison meant to kill Mary was careless

Renewed For A 2nd Season

1x12 Royal Blood

Clarissa kidnapping Henry and Catherine's children as a way to punish Catherine was a surprise as Bash was trying to get them out the country and who would of thought Mary would kill her to save the boys

Reply 47#47 codebreaker's post

Yes but that fact soilder was lazy and didn't bury her means she alive

The Consummation

OMG this was ridiculously amusing episode all because of stupid prophecy which as we all know is open to interpretation and i am not ruin it but up and down were completely amusing in this episode and poor Mary being happy her mother came but find out she forced her get married by faking news about English queen was sad.

Reply 50#50 bala's post

I rather loved this episode.  Nostredomas needing to get a prophecy by denying his brain OXYGEN!  Ummm yeah that's gonna work out great!

I went online to see the consummation that was "cut" from TV....uhhh  not much there.   Kinda disappointing.   

LOOOOOOVED the ep.  I want to see more of Mary De Guise.  She was great.
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Reply 52#52 arksongbird80's post

I didn't know they cut out that part when they aired that episode talk about having an audience

Reply 53#53 bala's post

That was the way of it.  I thought it was just the bishops though.   Her ladies seemed a bit much.  Also, they already "consummated" their relationship.  How do they prove she's a virgin or is that even a thing?  I always know her virginity was the reason for an audience.  Prove she's pure and produce the right heir.
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Reply 54#54 arksongbird80's post

Quote:
  How do they prove she's a virgin or is that even a thing?
They is a way but i can't mention it on a public forum let just say if it's not tight she nots a virgin   i saw this on another tv series where nurse check

1x13 The Consummation

Catherine organising her own beheading was bizarre and could Nostradamus life be in danger for being responsible for Mary going against her mother, Marie de Guise wishes but the was she got her own way was sneaky, Catherine's blank piece of paper was a surprising way for Mary to make her own mind of who to marry

1x14 Dirty Laundry

King Henry's latest conquest falling out the window was surprising but being forced to ask for Catherine's help was ironic but using the dead priest as her lover was quick thinking

Reply 59#59 codebreaker's post

It did look like an accident but when he tried do the same thing to Kenna i got a bit suspicious  .

The Darkness

The French king has become murderous king and Catherine need to keep that under wraps while he remains king but the fact women pushed him into become like this was amusing .

Monsters

Catherine thinking she could manipulate that girl into drugging the king backfired but the way she play both of them was amusing . Things are getting rather tricky for some of the characters in this series

1x15 The Darkness

Another of King Henry's latest conquest dying is startling so soon after the last one fell from the window and Francis confiding in Mary about sleeping with Lola put her in an awkward position as she knows she pregnant

1x16 Monsters

Penelope taking control of the king was amusing and Bash saving Francis's life was a stroke of luck as the king would of killed him

1x17 Liege Lord

Mary discovering a secret claus in her marriage contract was surprising but find out her mother knew about it worse but what Catherine did was really crazy but what a lesson to teach Mary about people she rules under.

Thread