95 12345
Thread
Printable Version

Reign Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reign Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reign Premieres on The CW on October 10, 2013

Hidden between the lines of the history books is the story of Mary Stuart, the young woman the world would come to know as Mary, Queen of Scots. Queen of Scotland since she was six days old, the teenage Mary is already a headstrong monarch - beautiful, passionate, and poised at the very beginning of her tumultuous rise to power. Arriving in France with four close friends as her ladies-in-waiting, Mary has been sent to secure Scotland’s strategic alliance by formalizing her arranged engagement to the French king's dashing son, Prince Francis. But the match isn't signed and sealed: it depends more on politics, religion and secret agendas than affairs of the heart. Prince Francis is intrigued by the fiery Scot, but like most young men, he resists the idea of settling down into marriage, especially when he has a history with a lady of the court and his own point of view on the wisdom of an alliance with Scotland. Still, an attraction between Mary and Francis is ignited. Further complicating things is Bash, Francis' roguish half-brother, who has a history of his own - despite his illegitimate birth, Bash is his father's favorite. And now that Bash has caught Mary's eye, a royal triangle may be forming. While at French Court, fierce foes and dark forces conspire to sabotage Mary’s marriage to Francis and even threaten her life, until a mysterious shrouded guide becomes her ally. With danger and sexual intrigue around every dark castle corner, Mary rallies her ladies-in-waiting and steels herself, ready to rule the new land and balance the demands of her country and her heart.

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About Reign Here

Reply 4#4 codebreaker's post

I have to say when i first saw this i thought it was awful but once they released extended preview i thought actually it's not as bad as i think it was going to be. I might give this a shot i realise this will be no The Borgias but just PG-13 version with stupid love triangle but conspiracy behind the plot is the only reason why i am watching this.

Pilot

I have to say i was pleasantly surprised by this episode when i first heard of this i really wasn't interested in this series but i am so glad i watched the pilot because so much is going on that actually make this series more than this stupid love triangle that common in CW shows.

It really has some good writing and i am curious who the person who warned her . I think i know who it is

Mary find out her future husband has no intention on marry her and it was just an arrangement but you would of thought that after she found out he has a girl on the side she would asked her friends to find out who she was?. Most teenage girl would done that if someone was after their man?. That was only problem i had with the episode.

[ Last edited by bala at 10-19-2013 12:57 ]

1x01 Pilot

Mary almost catching Francis with another woman was a little predictable and thing would of turned out so different if she had drank the wine

Reply 9#9 bala's post

As a rule of thumb, yes most girls would have found out who the other girl was.  In this time frame though it was so common I actually would have been surprised if she did.  They were to be married, have a heir and spare and move on.  The fact they like each other is cudos!  

Liked:  clothes-scenery-girl/person behind screen-dog (Scottish wolfhound)

Disliked:  Dog just showing up.  Didn't have it at the convent- where are Mary's parents?- little more accurate history+theatrics.  Teach and entertain at the same time CW.  I know not likely to happen but still.    LOTs of characters and kinda confusing.  

FOUR EPISODE ARC TEST
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

This has now been added to the flash site

Snakes in the Garden

Another great episode but whoever the girl is in dungeon she knows everyone's secret but the English solider try scare Mary was a good attempt. .

1x02 Snakes in the Garden

Clarissa roaming the secret tunnels without being seen was interesting and the woman pretending to be poisoned was a strange way to scare Mary

1x03 Kissed

What a shame for Greer having her eye on Tomas when he has his eye on Mary and as he can help with the troubles in Scotland she has a tough choice

Reply 18#18 codebreaker's post

Yes she has tough choice but i think it would be a mistake to go to Spain because it's clear what he has another agenda from promo of next weeks episodes.

Hearts and Minds

Another good episode but Mary almost making biggest mistake with Spain king but her whipping boy was interesting concept i mean that one way of get around hitting a women . If this thing actually existed back than i feel sorry for them can you imagine the amount of abuse they would of got.

I am so glad they got bottom of spanish conspiracy

1x04 Hearts and Minds

Mary agreeing to sign the whores statement for King Henry to let her out of her engagement to Prince Francis was a risky move but Tomas getting her a wiping boy just show what sort of a monster he is and he wont be missed

A Chill in the Air

Well you just knew it wouldn't be easy but love triangles are getting a bit ridiculous in this series .

They just couldn't one normal episode where everyone's happy

Reply 24#24 bala's post

It wouldn't make for drama if they were happy.  
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Reply 25#25 arksongbird80's post

True but you know what i mean an episode there no impending situation just for one episode and than getting back to drama. I just feel we don't get to see other side of the royal family

1x05 A Chill in the Air

Sending the coach through the woods was obviously a trap but the fact he was tipped for the information about the kings road was flooded I found amusing and Aylee being forced to spy on Mary should be interesting as Mary knows

1x06 Chosen

How on earth did they get the stags head passed everyone to hang it above Mary's bed, drugging Mary and her guard I understand but finding out it was one of the guards made sense and Kenna coming clean with the girls about her affair with the King I thought would backfire

1X07 Left Behind

Well the castle being taken over by Spanish king while French king was away was some great timing holding everyone hostage was predictable but Francis going back to rescue Mary proved he loves her

1x08 Fated

Well look Francis and Mary have consummated there love before the wedding but you jut know by end of this episode it wouldn't a happy ending with Mary riding off to protect him with his brother was good way to leave the episode off.

Reply 31#31 bala's post

Waiting for the king to leave to take over the castle and hold everyone hostage was a surprising move but trust Olivia to spoil the girls escape and Catherine's back up plan was impressive

95 12345
Thread