Thread
Printable Version

East Los High (Hulu Web Series)

Reply 39#39 codebreaker's post

I love how they keep the pace going so quickly rather than stretch it out like 5-8 episode but writer did a good job getting the connection between all characters.

1x18 The Heart Always Knows

I know the wedding is a farce but Jessie's mother dying before they got married was tragic as it was her dying wish and Jacob torn between the two of them is only going to make thing complicated

1x19 She's My Mother

So Maya is about to finds out who her father is going to be a surprise but no wonder Jessie's mother was upset when the priest visited and asking Maya to leave after the funeral was sad but her mother making a big entrance was great

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 6-21-2013 14:54 ]

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 6-21-2013 14:28  
I'm not surprised Jacob can’t believe his eyes when he discovered where Maya was working but with the amount of drugs she has been taking I'm not surprised she collapsed, I wonder what the story is w ...
i think priest is the Jessie's father

Reply 44#44 bala's post

Your a little late on that

1x20 She Swallowed the Worm

Of all the places Ceci had to go into labour it had to be in Jessie’s house but videoing it was amusing and about time the priest is paying for what he has done as Maya's mother was under-age

1x21 In Blood or Money

What a coward the priest was by doing a runner and trust Vanessa to stuff up the Dance Five finals especially after praying to God but then again he was probable busy listening to a true worshipper but finding out she's HIV positive was a surprise

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 6-21-2013 14:39  
I know the wedding is a farce but Jessie's mother dying before they got married was tragic as it was her dying wish and Jacob torn between the two of them is only going to make thing complicated
Well it was sad but look the father knows Maya mother so i was wrong.

1x22 Your Time Is Up

Looks like Maya's life is back in danger after his escape and times running out for Vanessa to release the video but getting Jessie a stripper was amusing

1x23 Good Girls Don't

Ramon getting closer than ever to getting his revenge on Maya was getting scary but glad to see they survived and I was so glad Jessie did the right thing first after seeing Cristian in the congregation

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 6-21-2013 14:52  
So Maya is about to finds out who her father is going to be a surprise but no wonder Jessie's mother was upset when the priest visited and asking Maya to leave after the funeral was sad but her mother ...
Yes this series just keep dropping bombshell for past dozen episode we assumed Maya's mother was MIA but to turn up at the funeral was a surprise since how did she find out ?

1x24 Build a Future Worthy of You

So glad Jacob caught Maya at the station but Jessie  making a life-changing decision must of been tough but the one year later was a nice way to end

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 6-21-2013 15:03  
Of all the places Ceci had to go into labour it had to be in Jessie’s house but videoing it was amusing and about time the priest is paying for what he has done as Maya's mother was under-age
Well who would thought Ceci and jessie would actually become friends and help her deliver her baby ?

The priest should better than to lie DNA test going prove he's the father.

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 6-21-2013 15:15  
What a coward the priest was by doing a runner and trust Vanessa to stuff up the Dance Five finals especially after praying to God but then again he was probable busy listening to a true worshipper bu ...
Well i like they cover HIV the look on her face and what she said about HIV shows how much teenagers know about HIV?.

Reply 54#54 bala's post

In one season they have covered everything from the obvious pregnancy to abortion, death of a parent and so much more

Reply 55#55 codebreaker's post

Yes i love how compact each episode was and how they didn't spend too long on one issue but i also like how they moved the show from high school to real life ?

not sure if a second season will be made?

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 6-21-2013 15:26  
Looks like Maya's life is back in danger after his escape and times running out for Vanessa to release the video but getting Jessie a stripper was amusing
Yes you just knew that he would come back

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 6-21-2013 15:38  
Ramon getting closer than ever to getting his revenge on Maya was getting scary but glad to see they survived and I was so glad Jessie did the right thing first after seeing Cristian in the congregati ...
Yes i am glad she finally told him he had right to know but what a clifhanger with cop right outside hotel room

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 6-21-2013 15:49  
So glad Jacob caught Maya at the station but Jessie  making a life-changing decision must of been tough but the one year later was a nice way to end
The 1 year jump and each character telling us about their lives was quite an original way to end the series since it felt like documentary ending rather than a series ending. 24 episode in one day was quite a roller-coaster of emotions and i would like to say all actors/actresses did fantastic job.

Thread