31 12
Thread
Printable Version

Slow buffering issue

Reply 20#20 lolotte's post

Happy to reply, but sorry I haven't got more definite answers. I hope it gets sorted soon too.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

update?

any news on this? its been 4-5 months since the first post and i am still having these problems.

Reply 22#22 ItsNell's post

[coloGreen]The issue has pretty much been resolved with a server upgrade. It's possible your location or ISP is the issue.

slow buffering

Hi team, I am experiencing really really slow buffering .. making it impossible to stream I am trying to watch Grimm 3x05, and was also watching another show (not in the recent list), both had very very slow buffering. Even when I pause the show to buffer in the background, it is taking more than 1 hour, it it even starts at all. Note: I am not having problems with other sites when streaming. Please advise when this will be fixed? i am a long term customer of VIPTV and really want this fixed so I can watch shows when I like, not having to wait forever... Belinda

Reply 24#24 baskew's post

Have you tried rebooting your rooter as I've just watched a show that loaded in half the time of the show

Reply 25#25 codebreaker's post

Hi Jim, ill try that, thanks! bte - love your Veronica Mars bit... wish that show was ongoing still Belinda

Reply 25#25 codebreaker's post

hi again, The issue still remains... im in Australia, what can I do? are they still migrating data on the servers? Belinda

Reply 27#27 baskew's post

just want to add I can stream on other sites... just not this one?

I find the site slower to buffer than other sites UPDATE:Still slower but somewhat fixed [ Last edited by woothdye at 12-6-2013 05:07 ]
Irony. Yummy and delicious like cake.

Reply 28#28 baskew's post

Ok I have somewhat fixed my problem. I'm still slower than other sites but I can actually load a show. Try clearing all your browser cookies/ cache as well as the flash cache. I used ccleaner to do this and there was a decent improvement
Irony. Yummy and delicious like cake.

Reply 30#30 woothdye's post

Thanks for providing some suggestions for baskew. I haven't found the site to be slow, but I clear my cache and history at least daily. I don't generally clear all my cookies, but sometimes do. We are not still changing servers, but I know sometimes a person's location can be part of the problem. Odd thing is, it can be an issue for one person, but if they go next door and use their neighbour's internet, there isn't an issue. I can't explain that, but I have heard members say they've had that experience. Might be an issue with their ISP or some other thing that is particular to them. I know I used to find that if I was using my wifi, my connection was slower. I don't have that issue now, but it's worth checking out. When that was the case, I would use a direct connection to watch an episode.

31 12
Thread