108 123456
Thread
Printable Version

Wentworth (SoHo) General Discussion (Spoilers)

Wentworth (SoHo) General Discussion (Spoilers)

Wentworth Premiered on SoHo on May 01, 2013

Fans of the iconic Prisoner series which pushed boundaries over three decades ago and still today boasts a loyal following worldwide, will remember Bea Smith as gutsy and fearless, ruling Wentworth Correctional Centre with an iron fist.

But who was Bea Smith before prison? How did a wife and mother from the suburbs become a top dog without rival?

Wentworth is a dynamic, often confronting, drama series that begins with Bea’s early days in prison. Set in the present day, it is a modern adaptation of Prisoner contemporising legendary characters and their stories for today’s audience. This ten-part series takes the viewer inside to an uncompromising environment exploring the politics of women in a world without men, and how such a threatening experience both challenges and often changes those confined and working behind the razor wire.

The audience will be introduced to Bea all over again and meet her allies and enemies in the form of inmates: Doreen Anderson, Liz Birdsworth and Franky Doyle, and there are new faces such as Jacs Holt, the ruthless matriarch of a crime family who now reigns over Wentworth.

Favourite officers will also return. Meg Jackson carries a shameful secret; Vera Bennett, the well-meaning officer who discovers everyone has a price; Erica Davidson, the crusading lawyer; Matthew Fletcher who believes in retribution rather than rehabilitation and Meg’s husband Will Jackson. whose past still haunts him.

Each episode explores an individual character’s backstory providing an insight to what makes them tick and the circumstances that led them to Wentworth. In doing so we discover the difference between an inmate and an officer is sometimes simply geography, because they’re all prisoners in surprisingly different ways.

Like the original Prisoner, Wentworth is, at its heart, a series about survival, a character drama featuring women living in a pressure cooker environment. Despite the rivalries and power struggles, this family of misfits and rebels are forced to forge unlikely friendships and allegiances if they want to survive their time inside.

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About Wentworth Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 5-29-2013 19:14 ]

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 7-4-2013 00:35 ]

Reply 2#2 codebreaker's post

A lot of familiar faces on this show

you really love dragging me down the rabbit hole when it comes aussie show .

not that i am complaining

Reply 3#3 bala's post

Believe it or not but I remember the original Cell Block H

1x01 No Place Like Home

What a way to start with the other prisoner bargaining for a packet of fags and I suppose I shouldn't of been surprised what the girls do in their cells but how timed Bea Smith was when she first arrived was interesting as from the original she ruled the place, Franky getting Bea smuggling drugs in was interesting as she had no idea who she was meeting and then getting caught was sad, over all not a bad start with them now thinking she killed a guard

Reply 5#5 codebreaker's post

Well it certainly was brutal but we don't know who killed the guard but i think i suspect it was old prisoner . She really look like tough women but it will interesting see what how bea turns out because she was timid when she came in but flashback as why she tried to kill husband were reasonable consider he's alive i am a bit confused why she's in prison consider her husband didn't tell cops she tried to kill him?.

Reply 6#6 bala's post

As it was a flashback I'm assuming there is more to come that will explain why she's inside unless it's attempted murder but the way he kicked her I wouldn't blame her for trying to kill him

1x02 Fly Me Away

Will putting the squeeze on the girls to find out the truth about who killed Meg was understandable but blackmailing Doreen into helping him was cruel

Reply 8#8 codebreaker's post

Well i don't think new boss is up to the job seriously

Reply 9#9 bala's post

Erica leaking the story to the papers was a sneaky way to get Vera's temporary job but I hope Vera gets her nickname and we find out why like she had in the original show

Reply 9#9 bala's post

I just watched the first episode of Prisoner Cell Block H and Vera was given her nickname from the start but I don't know why and Franky is a bit of a psych trashing the place when she can't have her own way but Bea is Queen Bea right from the outset

Reply 9#9 bala's post

I just goggled the new Governor Erica Davidson from the original show and she was in over 400 episodes

1x03 The Girl Who Waited

Poor Debbie having to have a strip search because of the drug dog and all because one of her friends smoked a joint and to make things worse Bea having to hurt Franky so to protect her daughter

1x04 The Things We Do

What a sick woman getting the child to swallow drugs to smuggle into prison

Reply 14#14 codebreaker's post

Yes it was awful but no wonder she was put in protected custody afterwards but Bea getting asked to do her hair was relief but i don't know how she can keep it up.

1x05 The Velvet Curtain

Erica was lucky she wasn't caught playing with herself while watching Franky making out

Reply 16#16 codebreaker's post

This was most sexually explicit episode of the season

1x06 Captive

You can understand why Bea attacked her husband when he threatened to hurt Debbie and as it's follows the original show but you have to feel sorry for Vera with her domineering mother

Reply 18#18 codebreaker's post

Yes but at least we know Adam wasn't real but at least he got her man .

Wentworth.S01E07.Something.Dies

Well Bea getting a beating to protect Frankie was great but i love that Frankie got payback to what happend to Bea. Debbie boyfriend being Jackie son should make thing more challenging.

108 123456
Thread