Thread
Printable Version

Streaming issues

Reply 1#1 PriyaTweeb's post

In general, I've not had problems. On a few days, I've had a little trouble getting things to load, but once they did, and I let them load for a bit, I was able to watch without issues. That's not saying there might not be issues on the site's end, but I don't think it's affecting everyone the same.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 6#6 hehahn's post

I have no idea what the solution is. I'll mention it in Site Management to see if any of the other moderators has an idea. If not, I'll let Admin know.

Reply 1#1 TheeForsakenOne's post

Hmm, I don't know what the cause could be. I haven't had any issues, not that that helps you. I do recall someone else mentioning they found the streaming to be slower for them during primetime for GMT. I don't know if it's a location problem, as I know in the past some from certain areas had trouble. It was very random though, as some in the same country and area had poor speed while others had no problem at all. I'll see if any of the other moderators has any suggestions for you, as I'm a bit baffled by this problem - due to it being so random.

Reply 8#8 MrTheFish's post

I've asked the other moderators, and none of them is having streaming issues either. I've been watching more shows on the site recently, and they are loading quickly. I don't know if location is an issue, but the problem seems to happen randomly. I don't know what to suggest. I always let the show load part way before watching (it only takes a few minutes), and I generally use Chrome. I also watch on my TV via the PS3, and it loads fine. If anyone has any suggestions, feel free to post them so that others might benefit from any tips you've found helpful.

Reply 10#10 gbentall's post

Points are deducted automatically when someone clicks on a link the first time (allowed 30 clicks/24hrs on initial points). On your iPhone it shouldn't be going to Flash. Are you using the mobile site on your iPhone - m.viptv.net? If you are being double charged, please send a PM to lbjedward requesting reimbursement. On your laptop have you tried other browsers? While Chrome is the recommended browser, some find others to work better for them.

Reply 12#12 gbentall's post

So glad to hear it! Funnily, one of our mods had a similar issue today, but the other way around - Safari was slow, but Chrome seemed to work better for her. It really shows that sometimes it's just a matter of trial and error. Pain in the backside though.

Reply 4#4 meansis's post

I am very sorry it's a continuing problem for you. The only thing I suggest for now, is for you to send a PM to lbjedward for either a reimbursement, or extending your unlimited viewing period. The speed issue is not on your end. I haven't had the issues you're experiencing, but I truly empathize, because I've experienced similar problems with other sites in the past and know how frustrating it is. Unfortunately, with it being such a random problem, it's hard to pinpoint what the issue is. You mentioned you have changed locations - do you mean you've tried from someone else's house or somewhere with public wifi? Have you tried logging in from someone else's computer? I don't think your computer is the problem, I'm just trying to think of all the possible trouble-shooting options to see if there is a way to figure out why you, and some others, continue to have this problem. Like I said though, for now, since you are unable to get any use from your purchase, due to no fault of your own, please contact Admin (via the link I've posted) and request some kind of reimbursement - whichever of the options seems more feasible to you. I wish there was something more I could think of to suggest that would be helpful.

Reply 15#15 meansis's post

Please see my response in [mod snip due to merging threads].

NOTE

I have merged the 2 threads that were about this same issue, so if the replies seem out of order, that is the reason. We have not found a solution, nor a reason, for this issue yet.

Reply 27#27 shinny's post

Thanks for posting that link & the information for Mac users Shinny. I was trying to find the link last night, but was too tired and it seemed to have disappeared (just from me - LOL).

Thread