28 12
Thread
Printable Version

Streaming issues

Streaming issues

Hi Over the last 2 weeks I am struggling to stream shows properly - this is affecting any show I am trying to watch. It keeps buffering every 10 seconds and shows a 5 sec clip and buffers again. I don't think it's my broadband speed as don't have problems on other sites. Is there a problem on your end? Thanks

Reply 1#1 PriyaTweeb's post

In general, I've not had problems. On a few days, I've had a little trouble getting things to load, but once they did, and I let them load for a bit, I was able to watch without issues. That's not saying there might not be issues on the site's end, but I don't think it's affecting everyone the same.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

streaming issues

I am having same streaming issues have tried both on PC and tablet and on both they are buffering every couple of minutes.Have checked my end and broadband speed good.Hoping only temporary as unlimited member not getting value for money the last Fortnight .

What server are you using?

Only recently (probably the last few weeks or so) I have had problems connecting to the EU server - loading takes minutes rather than seconds - but when that happens I go back and choose the USA server the problem is gone.

I was trying switching servers and for a while us server working better than eu but last night both were buffering. will try again tonight.Thanks

Streaming Issues

I'm having a similar problem. I've been a user for years now and have streamed hundreds of shows from the site. This is new, and it's the same on my iPad, iPhone, and desktop Windows PC (which would rule out being only an ios issue). The show loads, then buffers, then loads, then buffers. If I let it load for 30 minutes or so, I can get through about half the show before the cycle continues. I have a 6 Mbps connection and was able to stream for years without problems at 3 Mbps, and until a month or two ago, I could stream wonderfully from VIP on both devices. I can still stream without interruption from Amazon, Hulu, etc., so it's not a cache problem, connection speed, or device issue. I tried today from my work PC thinking it might be my ISP that was throttling my connection speed. The show loaded very rapidly at work (28 Mbps connection), so I thought it might be my home connection, but if my speed were throttled at home, it would also affect the other streaming sites which are downloading very rapidly. I've seen a couple of people mention this problem, but I haven't seen anyone post a solution yet. I could be missing something simple, so any ideas are appreciated.

Reply 6#6 hehahn's post

I have no idea what the solution is. I'll mention it in Site Management to see if any of the other moderators has an idea. If not, I'll let Admin know.

Streaming Speeds

Hello, I have been using VIPTV for a number of years now and have always been very satisfied with the service. Over the past month or two, however, I've been finding serious problems with my streaming speeds. Almost every episode I've tried to watch (Regardless of how old the series is or which episode I'm watching) is barely loading. I can leave programmes for nearly its full running time and it will only be about a fifth of the way through at best. Often, it just stops trying to stream after a little bit. This has only recently happened and I have changed absolutely nothing on my end. I have this issue on the EU and US server. Any other video streaming website I use does not have this issue either, just the VIPTV flash player. If anyone has advice on how I can fix this problem I'm more than happy to accept it. I just want to get back to enjoying the shows that come up.

Reply 1#1 TheeForsakenOne's post

Hmm, I don't know what the cause could be. I haven't had any issues, not that that helps you. I do recall someone else mentioning they found the streaming to be slower for them during primetime for GMT. I don't know if it's a location problem, as I know in the past some from certain areas had trouble. It was very random though, as some in the same country and area had poor speed while others had no problem at all. I'll see if any of the other moderators has any suggestions for you, as I'm a bit baffled by this problem - due to it being so random.

As Barb said we had some slowness issues around peak time in the GMT or GMT +1 areas but that doesn't seem to be an issue at the moment. I'm in the GMT time zone and whilst I had some slowness a few weeks back, it's ok now. I'm not sure what else to suggest, but lets see if anyone else posts regarding this streaming issue.

Same Issue

I'm having the same issue. Been using VIPTV for a couple of years with no issues whatsoever. Over the past month or two I haven't been able to stream a single show without insane amounts of buffering. I'm preloading a couple of shows at the moment so I can watch them later as I can't stream. Insanely irritating. Happens in IE or Firefox, and happens equally if I select the american or european servers for streaming. Like I said, never had a problem in 2 years, now I can't stream ANY show without buffering.

Reply 8#8 MrTheFish's post

I've asked the other moderators, and none of them is having streaming issues either. I've been watching more shows on the site recently, and they are loading quickly. I don't know if location is an issue, but the problem seems to happen randomly. I don't know what to suggest. I always let the show load part way before watching (it only takes a few minutes), and I generally use Chrome. I also watch on my TV via the PS3, and it loads fine. If anyone has any suggestions, feel free to post them so that others might benefit from any tips you've found helpful.

In the last couple of weeks I have been having the same problem mentioned by other VIPTV users in this thread. On my iPhone buffering happens every 30-60 seconds and program will not start at all on my laptop using Chrome. I am freely able to stream Netflix and Amazon with very little buffering. Just this week my wireless was upgraded and I was optimistic the problem would be solved, but programs will still not even begin to play on my laptop and still buffer endlessly on the iPhone. The player seems to default to Flash Player. I am deducted points each time I try to play an episode whether it plays or not so this is beyond frustrating. GB

Reply 10#10 gbentall's post

Points are deducted automatically when someone clicks on a link the first time (allowed 30 clicks/24hrs on initial points). On your iPhone it shouldn't be going to Flash. Are you using the mobile site on your iPhone - m.viptv.net? If you are being double charged, please send a PM to lbjedward requesting reimbursement. On your laptop have you tried other browsers? While Chrome is the recommended browser, some find others to work better for them.

Chrome-no play, IE-does not work, Safari- Perfection! Not even a single buffering hiccup. I am pretty curious about why this is, but am not going to look a gift horse in the mouth. Yay! GB

Reply 12#12 gbentall's post

So glad to hear it! Funnily, one of our mods had a similar issue today, but the other way around - Safari was slow, but Chrome seemed to work better for her. It really shows that sometimes it's just a matter of trial and error. Pain in the backside though.

Streaming issue

This is going on for two months now I do have the same problems @ TheeForsekenOne. Lilliwaterbarb, told me that this was the first time she was hearing from that (@ Lilli Thank you for taking the time ) . The problem is really getting worse and I cannot find anybody that can help. My internet speed here is one of the best and I do not have the problem with other sites. Just as TheeForsekenOne I have been using VIPTV since 2010 and never had any problems whatever part of the world I was in. I just want to enjoy the series as they come. Is there any Admin responsible that could give me a direction ? I have tried old and new series and changed the location streaming and it just keep cutting every 2 to 3 seconds.Unfortunately I paid for the unlimited watching and I have not succeeded to watch them properly. Frustration get so high I just cut the D...m thing. PLEASE HELP.... TWO MONTHS NOW.!!! Very sad. ;+) [ Last edited by meansis at 4-30-2013 23:19 ]

Streaming problem Hi, It is over a good full month that I am having big problems visualizing the shows.Pictures stops every minutes with the reclycle sign is there too. I Have tried everything possible from the book . Now it is really frustrating. If someone could help I will appreciate.I am on a Macbook pro. I have taken the flash player out put an older one. But nothing changes. Please Help.

Streaming issue This is going on for two months now I do have the same problems @ TheeForsekenOne. Lilliwaterbarb, told me that this was the first time she was hearing from that (@ Lilli Thank you for taking the time ) . The problem is really getting worse and I cannot find anybody that can help. My internet speed here is one of the best and I do not have the problem with other sites. Just as TheeForsekenOne I have been using VIPTV since 2010 and never had any problems whatever part of the world I was in. I just want to enjoy the series as they come. Is there any Admin responsible that could give me a direction ? I have tried old and new series and changed the location streaming and it just keep cutting every 2 to 3 seconds.Unfortunately I paid for the unlimited watching and I have not succeeded to watch them properly. Frustration get so high I just cut the D...m thing. PLEASE HELP.... TWO MONTHS NOW.!!! Very sad. ;+)

Reply 4#4 meansis's post

I am very sorry it's a continuing problem for you. The only thing I suggest for now, is for you to send a PM to lbjedward for either a reimbursement, or extending your unlimited viewing period. The speed issue is not on your end. I haven't had the issues you're experiencing, but I truly empathize, because I've experienced similar problems with other sites in the past and know how frustrating it is. Unfortunately, with it being such a random problem, it's hard to pinpoint what the issue is. You mentioned you have changed locations - do you mean you've tried from someone else's house or somewhere with public wifi? Have you tried logging in from someone else's computer? I don't think your computer is the problem, I'm just trying to think of all the possible trouble-shooting options to see if there is a way to figure out why you, and some others, continue to have this problem. Like I said though, for now, since you are unable to get any use from your purchase, due to no fault of your own, please contact Admin (via the link I've posted) and request some kind of reimbursement - whichever of the options seems more feasible to you. I wish there was something more I could think of to suggest that would be helpful.

28 12
Thread