Thread
Printable Version

Sound issues: no sound when viewing episode one after other

Sound issues: no sound when viewing episode one after other

Hi, In the last few days I have been experiencing some sound issues. I will watch an episode absolutely fine, no errors, no issues at all. If I then go straight into watching another episode (can be same series or any other), there will be no sound at all. I'm watching on my laptop (EU server) and switch between Chrome and Internet Explorer browser but the issue occurs on both. Closing web browser, clearing history did seem to work initially but I think that was just a fluke.

If I close down the laptop and come back to it later, it usually works but not if I want to immediately go on watching another episode straight after watching one.

The issue does not appear to be linked to a specific episode or series.

closing/relaunching the episode (sometimes 15x or more) and sometimes eventually it plays so the sound is there somewhere.

I have tested a few of the free shows and they appear to be fine although i have not played an entire show through to the end and then gone onto watching another one. only played the first few seconds but they had sound in all.

Any ideas??

Thanks

[ Last edited by mcguin1977 at 2-20-2013 00:38 ]

When the sound stops working in the browser for our site, have you tested another site like youtube to see if the issue persists. I ask only because I have used the site on various browsers and devices, and not encountered that and I wonder if there is another issue that maybe at play here. Please test using free shows, by watching 2 back to back, and if the sound cuts off, switch to something else that will play a video with sound. Let us know what happens.
A Fine Member of the Mod  Squad!

Thread