Thread
Printable Version

The Doctor Blake Mysteries (ABC1) General Discussion (Spoilers)

1x08 Game of Champions

James winning the jackpot of all the prizes and £1,000 you would of thought was great but dying before he left the studio was tragic and the obvious suspect would be the looser but him dying live on TV later ruled that out, Lucien trying to find out how they turned the TV into a murder weapon was amusing as he shorted out his home and electrocuted himself

1x09 All That Glitters

Lucien having to spend the night in jail after getting into a drunken fight was a surprise and also being overcome with anxiety in the claustrophobic mine was amusing and brave going back a second time

1x10 Someone's Son, Someone's Daughter

You just knew Lucien would suspects foul play when what first looked like the first female doctor committed suicide but the girls trying to save her had also contaminated the crime scene, Lucien going after the surgeon and making a fool of himself was understandable as the surgeon had lied but still catching the killer was great

2x01 The Heart Of The Matter

I must admit I thought the woman would be the victim as she was instrumental in how the vote went but Joy dying while following up the story was tragic

2x02 The Food Of Love

The religious man being responsible for the rock'n'roll star's murder would of been a little obvious and of all people to accidentally hit the copper it was Mattie who live with Lucien and who would of thought the father of the fan thought his daughters fantasies were real and killed him for it

2x03 A Foreign Field

I first thought the woman walking through the park was going to be the victim but the fact she recognised the guy against the tree from the day before was impressive and Jean spotting the phone number in the code was amusing but being killed for being unfaithful was a surprise as I thought it was because he was a spy

2x04 Smoke and Mirrors

I first thought the old man was going to die over a lighter but the body falling on the car was surprising and a bigger surprise that his injures suggested he fell from a plane but the hit and run of a police officer all being linked to tobacco smuggling was interesting as the pilot was the dead guys step daughter

2x05 Crossing the Line

Jean going to the cinema alone was a little sad but the fact the manager said there was only about 25 people in was worrying as it looked full and being liked to adult films were surprising and Richard being what looked like a good Samaritan was starting to look suspicious

2x06 Mortal Coil

I'm not surprised they dropped the coffin as there was a second body discovered inside but Blake taking the victims horse and cart was interesting as the horse lead him to the murder scene and digging up another coffin to find two more bodies was a surprise

2x07 Old School

The investigating into the murder of the school Principal was interesting as there seemed to be bad blood between Lawson and the main suspect but Blake eating a cake crumb off the floor as a way to find out it was poisoned was crazy as he tested eight different cakes on different friends without letting them know, finding out he was sexually abusing children was surprising and he deserved to die

Thread