Thread
Printable Version

Defiance Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 12#12 bala's post

I really enjoyed it too.  Some things were certainly unexpected - like the old mayor's part in the attack.  I'm curious as to why she feels it's a good thing.  I think the pilot was a very good introduction to the series, as it captured my interest and left me wanting more.  I hope it continues to do so.

Is anyone also participating in the MMORPG?  I'm not, but am curious about it and if it will reveal clues ahead of the TV show  Apparently, some back story for Nolan is provided in it - according to the "Making of..." show.

I was watching Face/Off - the reality show - the other night, and one of their challenges was to create a hybrid character of 2 of the shows species.  It was interesting, and gave me a bit of a peek as to what some of the species would look like.  Also, I didn't know it was filming in Toronto, which surprised me, since most sci-fi stuff filmed in Canada is done in British Columbia.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 20#20 bala's post

I wouldn't mind that because I think it's supposed to enhance the viewing experience, but I'm just not into those kind of games.  They did say that you won't miss anything if you don't play, just that you might get more back story and a fuller experience of the story by doing both.  I sometimes watch a show on our SPACE channel that talks about stuff like that.  Even though this show isn't airing on SPACE here, since it is a sci-fi series, I expect they will talk about it at some point.  I'll be curious to hear what people who are participating online have to say about how that affects their view of the show.

Reply 24#24 codebreaker's post

I agree on that front - the torture was barbaric, and bound to cause conflict.  I don't think it was a waste of time in the overall scheme of things though, as it might bring about some kind of reforms that all have to abide by.  

Nice choice of music to play for the burial, or memorial - Nirvana's Come As You Are.  The lyrics were very appropo.  I'm curious as to what that thing was that Rafe found among his son's things. I saw some Canadian currency - not too surprising since it's shot in Toronto, but his sister said he collected old pennies.  They are being phased out since they actually DO cost more to make than they are worth.  

I also found the set design for Old St. Louis to be pretty cool.  They included remnants of some very iconic landmarks.  We've already seen the Arch, which ascends into the new city, but the old stuff was cool.

Thread