Thread
Printable Version

Paying for F$

Paying for F$

I am trying to pay for my F$ and used to be able to do it without creating a paypal account. This feature seems to have been disabled. Please help, I need access to my shows without creating a paypal account. Thanks

Reply 1#1 Sblaize's post

Same here. I've been a member for over 5 years and usually reload every month - two months.... NEVER had to create a PayPal account (and I won't as I despise PayPal!), yet now - after choosing "Canada" as my country, it takes away the "Don't have a PayPal Account? Click here to pay with a credit card" option and replaces it with "Create account and Pay". Why the change? Frustrating, as my account is empty and will have to stay as such until it's changed back or another provider is added that I can use for my credit card payments.

Reply 2#2 curdogg's post

I didn't realize it had changed, as most people did use Paypal. I see that if you don't have a Paypal account, it looks like it allows you to use Paypal as a guest. I use Paypal all the time for online purchases, and have used my credit card on Paypal to add funds. Is there a particular reason you don't want to use Paypal?
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 3#3 waterlilybarb's post

If you are from outside the US (like me), once you select your country (Canada) to enter the payment details for a non-paypal visa card payment, it takes away the option to pay without being a member. Test it yourself. Choose to pay wihtout using a paypal account. Then, select Canada as your country. It will immediately switch to a new page WITHOUT the option to pay unless you create an acount. I have several reasons for not using PayPal, however it's primarily because of how they screwed me out of $650 when a scammer used a stolen credit card to pay for hockey tickets I was selling. I used PayPal to sell because I trusted them to verify payments. I waited the 3 weeks for the payment to clear into my PayPal account, then I withdrew it. It was only then that PayPal sent me a letter full of threats to sue me and/or refer my case to the police if I didn't send them back the money they had cleared!!! This was the first letter! No polite letter saying, "The person who bought your tickets used a stolen card and we need the money back." Nope. They went straight to threatening me as if I had done something wrong. And when I called them (getting a phone number and not a email was a HUGE pain in itself) I dealt with several of the most unhelpful and straight up rude people I had ever spoken to in my life. It's a horrible company and, after I repaid the money they screwed up by taking!, I closed my account and swore I'd never open another. I love viptv.net, but it'll be back to sidereel for me if my only option is to leave or open a PayPal account. Too bad, as there are numerous other WAY FRIENDLIER payment processing options out there (google checkout, interac, etc.).

Reply 4#4 curdogg's post

P.S> I forgot to say it, but thanks for looking into this!

I totally agree. I do not feel comfortable using Paypal for the same basic reasons. I would rather not have my details saved on a third party website. I dont even save my details for online shopping. I urge Friendvista to please find a way to make the guest payment option available or have an alternative means of payment for those that require it. I am hoping this gets resolved soon as I love using Viptv but not enough to sign up to Paypal.

Reply 4#4 curdogg's post

Sorry you had such a bad experience with Paypal. I am also from Canada, but have a verified Paypal account. I only use it for businesses I am confident in or for sending money to friends. I'll bring the issue to LBJ's attention.

hello, is there any update about the paypal payment method?

Reply 8#8 Sblaize's post

Not yet. I sent a PM to LBJ after I posted. Haven't heard back yet. He might just post as I included a link to this thread. When I hear something, I'll definitely let you know.

I used the payment option from this thread, as it allowed me to pay through amazon.ca/amazon.com: http://www.friendvista.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=14960&extra=page%3D1 Not ideal as it took 12+ hrs to get the credit on my account (I was used to instantly when it was through the original way), but it's a solution at least.

oh wow, thank you so much. 12+hrs is better than nothing *hugs*

Reply 10#10 curdogg's post

Thanks for posting the link to that thread. I hadn't checked it as I thought it was for something else. At least the wait is worthwhile, since you get 50% more points.

Thread