23 12
Thread
Printable Version

Malibu Country Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Malibu Country Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Malibu Country Premiered on ABC on November 02, 2012

When Reba Gallagher (Reba) discovers that her husband, Bobby, (Jeffrey Nordling) a country music legend, has a cheatin' heart, her world is turned upside down. Reba dreamt of becoming a country star herself, but put her career on hold to raise a family. Now she's questioning all of that, big-time. With the ink on her divorce barely dry, Reba packs up her sharp-tongued mother, Lillie May (Lily Tomlin), her two kids and the U-Haul and heads for sunny California to begin a new chapter. Leaving Nashville in the rear view, they start over at their Malibu residence -- the last remaining asset they have. Reba gets to know her new open and loving neighbor Kim (Sara Rue) and her son, Sage, but also discovers that relocation to Southern California is going to be quite an adjustment for a traditional southern belle: the West Coast seems like the polar opposite of Music City, and Reba feels like an outsider. Still, with the support of her family she sets about finding her voice, jump-starting her music career with the help of her new music agent, Geoffrey (Jai Rodriguez), and embracing this chance to begin again.

Malibu Country stars country music superstar Reba (Reba, Tremors) as Reba, Sara Rue (Rules of Engagement, Less Than Perfect) as Kim, Justin Prentice as Cash, Juliette Angelo as June, Jai Rodriguez (Bones, How I Met Your Mother, one of the original hosts of Queer Eye for the Straight Guy) as Geoffrey and Lily Tomlin (Eastbound and Down, Damages, Desperate Housewives, West Wing, Nine to Five, All of Me, Nashville) as Lillie May.

Malibu Country is from Kevin Abbott (Last Man Standing, My Name Is Earl, Reba) who executive produces along with Michael Hanel & Mindy Schultheis, Reba McEntire & Narvel Blackstock, Dave Stewart & Pam Williams, John Pasquin. The pilot for Malibu Country was directed by John Pasquin. The series is from ABC Studios.

Source
Homepage
Link to About the Show

Discuss Anything About Malibu Country Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 3-14-2013 15:33 ]

1x01 Pilot

Reba always using her own first name is strange but the cheating husband being upset at the press conference was ironic and Kim the new nosy neighbour was amusing, the no boys upstairs rule going out the window because Sage is gay was interesting as Reba found them kissing but June's new friend Charlie being a lesbian was a great response to the upstairs rule

1x02 Baby Steps

Sage being caught kissing another girl was bizarre as he insists he is only practising because he's gay and June getting jealous was predictable

This has now been added to the flash site

1x03 Shell Games

Cash trying to tone down his southern accent in order to fit in was amusing and Lillie Mae discovering that she has a secret admirer was interesting, I'm not surprised Reba was upset when they wanted the rapper to sing her song but the collaboration turned out good

1x04 Cash's Car

Reba's ex-husband Bobby buying Cash a brand new sports car for his birthday was amusing as Reba had only brought him a bike but how that got their revenge when they found out he was playing them was great

1x05 Not With My Daughter

I'm not surprised Reba was feeling threatened when June was sharing more of her life with Kim than with her and Lillie trying to teach Cash how to be the man of the house was impressive

1x06 Bro Code

Cash being grounded for sneaking out in the middle of the night to help his sister was unfortunate but June being nice to Cash was such a give-away

1x07 Merry Malibu Christmas

I'm not surprised Reba was shocked when Kim was chosen over her to sing the solo during the church's Christmas service but Reba allowing her to mime while she sang was nice

1x08 Push Comes to Shove

Lillie May saying she will move to Canada if they cancel Castle was amusing and Cash being called a bully after he stands up to the most popular boy in school was amusing as this was also covered in Last Man Standing

1x09 Cold Shower

Lillie Mae trying to help Cash to get a group of beautiful Miss All-American Teen Pageant girls to notice him was bizarre but I would of liked to see him do mouth to mouth on her to impress the girls

1x10 Easy Money

June getting a meeting with Mr. Bata was great as Reba had been working for months to get one but her video doing so well because of the cat was funny

1x11 Based on a True Story

I cant believe Cash wrote a play based on his mothers marriage to his father but getting an A+ was impressive and having it picked for talent night was priceless

1x12 Adventures in Babysitting

Cash suggesting that superstar bad girl singer Shauna takes him next time she goes skinny dipping was amusing but asking him to buy her some alcohol was crazy

1x13 Babies Having Babies

About time the truth about Sage not being gay came out but you would of thought June would be annoyed because of the lies

1x14 Bowling for Mama

Lillie Mae being replaced by Reba on the bowl team was awkward until Lillie Mae joined the opposing team

1x15 Oh Brother

Blake Shelton as Reba's Brother was amusing and who would of thought June letting it slip at school that Cash is still a virgin would turn out to be so funny as Blake made him think the girls would want to pop his cherry not joint the abstinence club

23 12
Thread