Thread
Printable Version

Grey's Anatomy Season 9-11 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

9x01

OK, without giving away what happens, let me just say that I'm sitting here bawling my eyes out for a show a hardly ever watch.  I saw the season finale and wanted to see how they would address what happened.  Some of it I kind of expected, but some, just gutted me.  It was enough to have me yelling at the TV several times throughout the episode.  I'll be interested to hear/see what others thought.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 16#16 arksongbird80's post

I thought it seemed like they just wanted to keep the audience bawling for another week.  It did fill some holes, but they should have done a 2 parter in the same night to open if they wanted to do that.  I'm not even a big fan of the show, but I know for some who are, the season opener left them gutted.  Last night wouldn't have helped.  

Reply 21#21 bala's post

I imagine the settlement would have been in the millions.  I do understand why they turned it down though.  

I'm glad that the character of the Dr. Thomas has more to offer.  I loved William Daniels (the actor playing the older doc) in St. Elsewhere, and like that they aren't just having him be a filler character, or an older doctor who needs to retire.  Cristina needs someone who is experienced and can teach her something.  She tends to do better when she has that.  I also like that she & Owen are talking, even if it's just about the settlement.  I hope she returns to Seattle, and I would really like them to be together, as they seem to balance one another's character.

Reply 68#68 codebreaker's post

Finally watched the episode last night.  My understanding is that Avery will be on the Board of Directors.  That doesn't mean he'll be running the hospital, but he will have management responsibilities.  He is the representative of the family company on the Board.  Should be interesting, because he did not look happy about it at all.  It DOES put him in an awkward position with the other doctors.  

Reply 7#7 bala's post

I read that Sandra Oh is leaving, and she's continued to have a fairly successful film career even while doing the show, albeit she can't take many offers when she's working so much on the show.  From the storyline so far, it looks like they are setting things up for her to leave.

If they had done like ER did, and introduce new regular characters and actually fully use them throughout the series, I think it would have been more likely that the show could survive & do well without the original cast.

Reply 210#210 bala's post

Thank you for posting such a noticeable message that your post contains spoilers, Bala.  I have seen the episode, but someone spoiled it for me last night, and I was not a happy camper.  

I did not like this exit either, but thinking about it, death was really the only realistic way to write him out and stay true to his character.  It could have been done better though.  

Thread