87 12345
Thread
Printable Version

Misfits Season 1-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Misfits Season 1-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Anyone going to watch this? Seems like a British "ASBO" version of Heroes:
Quote:
Misfits follows five outsiders on community service who get struck by a flash storm and lumbered with special powers.

Hard as nails Kelly (Lauren Socha) can suddenly hear people’s thoughts, shamed sporting hero Curtis (Nathan Stewart Jarrett) discovers he has the ability to turn back time when he regrets something, and party girl Alisha (Antonia Thomas) can send people into a sexual frenzy when they touch her skin. Even painfully shy Simon (Iwan Rheon) can make himself invisible when he feels he’s being ignored, which makes it all the more hard to swallow for smart aleck Nathan (Robert Sheehan), who seems to have been unaffected, much to his dismay.

Unlike their more conventional counterparts, our misfits don’t swap their ankle tags and mobile phones for capes and tights. Instead, they discover what a pain in the arse life can be when you’re stuck with a super power you didn’t want.

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-13-2015 00:07 ]

I'll probably check it out, being a sci-fi lover and carrying card member I think it is mandatory.

Reply 2#2 gabsimom's post

I'll probably give it a go too!

Well i'm not exactly impressed with this but it feel very similar to skins which at first i didn't like but as i watched more episode i became hooked. if i remember i might give it a shot

Reply 3#3 shinny's post

watch the first episode i hated it -seriously it worst show i have ever seen to explain how bad it was it almost good as the middleman that's how bad i found the first episode.

Reply 5#5 bala's post

I just finished the first episode and this reminded me of Dead Set a zombie version of big brother

Reply 6#6 codebreaker's post

i think the problem is there have the wrong cast all of them are so annoying that really you really don't  want to watch it-unlike Skins where actually have good actors who can act and great writing and direction. i'm not watching second episode

Season 2 Episode 1

I liked this episode with the psychiatric patient whose a shape shifter causing lots of problems between the group and the acrobatic person in the mask

Season 2 Episode 2

The mysterious masked man makes yet another appearance but Nathan's long-lost brother Jamie arriving surprised him and the group end up taking some drugs that reverse their superpowers with tragic consequences

Reply 9#9 codebreaker's post

Poor Nathan, he didn't have his younger brother for very long. At least now we know Nathan can see dead people. The girl who was at the end and coming into the show is an Irish actress (Ruth Negga) and she was just in an Irish mini series called Love/Hate with Robert Sheehan (Nathan) - She played his girlfriend. She's a great actress, good to see her joining MisFits then!

Season 2 Episode 3

That was a interesting development when the mysterious masked man turns out to be a future version of Simon and Alisha cant tell anyone but i thought Nathan offending the tattooist was stupid at leased he got his revenge with his powers

Season 2 Episode 4

Wow Ollie, who has the power to teleport, begins his community service but doesnt last long but his heart being transplanted into the girl from the block was interesting and future version of Simon has died saving Alisha she had to get rid of his body which was sad for her

Season 2 Episode 5

Good episode when Nathan thinks Jessica, a charity worker from the community centre is responsible for violently killing him once again but what a revelation when it turns out it's her father who is the killer and now Simon was in danger, Bruno climbing up the out side of the building with Kelly was amusing

Season 2 Episode 6

Interesting episode, it's a good job Curtis could reverse time or most of them would be dead after their super-powers are exposed

Season 2 Episode 7 Christmas Special

That was tragic that after they sell their powers that Nikki gets shot and Curtis couldn't rewind time to save her but buying back new powers should make next season more interesting

Reply 15#15 codebreaker's post

Just getting a chance to watch the Christmas special now

3x01 Episode 1

What happened after the fight on the roof was so unexpected but gives a new meaning to crazy people talking to themselves and Kelly's new power seems to be a waste of time and Curtis being able to change sex was interesting but burring another couple of bodies was a good start to the season

3x02 Episode 2

Curtis uses his new gender-swapping power was interesting but the way he found out from Emma that he was the worst sex partner she had ever been with was humiliating but at leased going back out with her as a girl he found out what she likes which was different and what they did to the couch was great

This has to be the most amusing episode so far

3x03 Episode 3

Simon dumping Alisha after saving Peter from a mugger was a little strange but it turns out he has is own powers through his comic drawing and he is drawing what happiness to them all, kidnapping Alisha so Simon could save was a surprise and another person bits the dust

87 12345
Thread