36 12
Thread
Printable Version

Emily Owens, M.D Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Emily Owens, M.D Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Emily Owens, M.D. Premiered on The CW on October 16, 2012

At long last, Emily Owens feels like she is an actual grown-up. She can finally put her high school days as the geeky-girl-with-flop-sweats behind her; she's graduated from medical school and is now a first-year intern at Denver Memorial Hospital, where she'll have the chance to work with world-famous cardiologist Dr. Gina Beckett - and where, not-so-coincidentally, her med-school crush Will Rider is also an intern. So why does everyone keep warning her that the hospital is just like high school? Emily soon finds out the hard way - her high school nemesis, the gorgeous, popular Cassandra Kopelson, is also just starting out at Denver Memorial, and it seems like they're rivals all over again - not only as surgical interns, but for Will's attention. Fellow intern Tyra Granger warns Emily that the cliques at Denver Memorial are all too familiar: the jocks have become orthopedic surgeons; the mean girls are in plastics; the rebels are in the ER, and Tyra has her own awkward place as the principal's kid - her father is the chief resident. Emily's the new kid all over again, and it's just as awkward as high school. Only this time around, Emily will have to balance the personal and emotional turmoil of social politics with the high-stakes world of life-and-death medical decisions. At least she has fellow intern Tyra and nerdy-but-cute resident Micah, to count on as friends. Emily is growing to realize that although she may be a geek, she may also grow to be a great doctor, flop sweats and all.

Source
Homepage
Link to About the Show

Discuss Anything About Emily Owens, M.D. Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 7-27-2013 06:53 ]

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 9-11-2012 19:08 ]

Reply 8#8 bala's post

I haven't seen anyone complain about the three you posted

Reply 10#10 bala's post

The ones for American Horror Story are ridiculous but I have started adding them to my previous post and I have seen most of the fall preview shows

1x01 Pilot

The sweaty arm pits was amusing but I'm not surprised after saving the girl, it's a good job her mother went for a coffee and Emily day dreaming is very much like Nina from Offspring

Reply 15#15 bala's post

Yes that was funny

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 11-13-2012 20:52 ]

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 11-15-2012 09:12 ]

1x02 Emily and... The Alan Zolman Incident

I'm surprised the OCD patient had a boyfriend considering she backed off when he approached her and finding out it was a brain tumour was interesting but sad she didn't survive the surgery

1x03 Emily and... The Outbreak

Emily going to speak to the group of high school girls about safe sex was interesting but the way they reacted I'm not surprised they have STD's but the girls getting their revenge on him was great

1x04 Emily And... The Predator

You can understand why the patient refused to accept the kidney from her new husband as she doesn't love him but him still willing to donate was impressive, Cassandra is a bitch and Emily has to up her game to bring her down but those tears did look real

This has now been added to the flash site

36 12
Thread