Thread
Printable Version

Mobile Site Speed

Mobile Site Speed

Hey there Im having a strange problem on the mobile site, it seems that i get incredibly slow speeds, the buffering time is very high on my end, whereas the regular flash player is perfect, zero buffering. I did some curl testing from a command line on the videos heres the results, these are the same mp4 video urls. From a dedicated server in canada i get 1.5 megs download on a single video, eta for a 45 min video at around 300 meg is a few minutes From my machine here in spain at the office, and another one in spain at home i get 75k - 90 k download, approximately 1.5 - 2hrs to buffer or download fully. As i said its really strange, because canada gets huge speeds and here in spain very low. My connection in Spain is 10 meg down btw. Thanks for your help, if you would like me to run any testing please let me know. Paul

response

Hi there, i havnt recieved a response to this? Thanks Paul

Reply 2#2 pablocullen's post

hi paul i think the only person able to answer this properly is LBJ the site admin most of us old fogy moderators are not useing the mobile site as we cant read the writeing on the phone if you would like to PM LBJ i am sure he will look in to it for you magic
The Mod Police Are Watching You

Thanks

Thanks, will do

Thread