23 12
Thread
Printable Version

MOBILE SITE SUGGESTIONS

MOBILE SITE SUGGESTIONS

As lbjedward stated in this post we are looking for feedback from those that participated in the beta-testing of the mobile site. Since no one really provided any feedback in that thread (most didn't bother to even read post #1), we are hoping you will do so in this one.
Quote:
Any practicable ideas, suggestions and advice are welcome and your feedback is very important to present a better mobile site to all members. We will give members who give good advice or suggestions VIP points in return, mods will decide who are winners: The best suggestion provider: 200 VIP points (one member) Excellent suggestion provider: 100 VIP points (two members) Good suggestion provider: 50 VIP points (ten members at most)
edited for clarity: If you have not already posted feedback in the old thread, please use this thread to post your suggestions. Thank you for your cooperation and participation.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

mobile testing feedback

I spent hours testing my htc android phone and posted feedback about the playback in 3 different phone browsers as well as making suggestions - they were all back in the beginning (page 5 and 6 of the old thread) Should I copy and paste those in this thread?

Reply 2#2 imagnu's post

No. We will be considering the feedback that was already posted like it was supposed to be. LBJ closed the other thread, and I was hoping we might get a few of the new people that did the test to participate in the feedback too. Thanks for noting which pages to find you posts on though. So far, it looks like our old faithfuls will be getting the points.

1)The alphabet suggestion is good.  Hard to navigate. 2) How about when we log in we have a favorites tag so that I can look easily at the things like without having to go through all the updates.    3) also maybe the Page can be smaller or organized find updates faster. 4). Red dot next to new update, blue a week old, gold longer? Something like that. Add as I think..... Will add
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Gymcoach:

For u gym so your suggestions will be noted I have been testing this now for a couple of days and would like to say thank you first of all for the opportunity to so - Thankyou! Here are some suggestions I've thought of over the last couple of days... *When I have finished watching and I navigate back, it tends to go back to the homepage and i have to search the series again - a return to the episode list button would be useful. *I know space is at a premium but an alphabetic list would also be handy on the home page to show the wide variety of shows on offer rather than having to scroll through the hot shows list. Perhaps a couple of tabs A-M & N-Z or similar *A what's being viewed by others button, based on the most popular or most recent viewings to give others an idea *A genre option for navigating, drama, animated, sci-fi etc That's it for the moment

Birnam:

Review Thanks for making this work, it is fantastic.  I have watched several different shows on both my iPad (1G) and AppleTV (2G w/atvblack jb and CouchSurfer) via wifi, and the only problem I have had was with the Louie s1e1 stopping about 3 minutes from the end.   I'm sure the interface looks great on small screens, but it would be helpful if things were able to automatically adjust as the screen gets larger (images and text).  Everything is OK on the iPad, but once it gets to my large screen TV via AppleTV everything is pretty tiny (once the video starts it fills the whole screen though).  I also like that Airplay works, so I can use the iPad to find shows and then stream them to ATV.  Perhaps once you are out of testing you would consider making the main site HTML5 video instead of the just the mobile site, with maybe a preference option tied to the login.  Then you wouldn't even need to make a new interface for iPad users. I would also suggest making a button similar to the "play" button that has three lines on it to indicate an episode list.  It wasn't immediately obvious that clicking on the image or the text of one of the recent episodes would bring up a full episode list. As others suggested, I would also like to see links to all the shows on the site (at least by title), not just the most recent ones.  Perhaps some tabs up near the logo. Thank you again for this, overall it is an excellent product.

Mmallan

Their suggestion transferred: Mobile Viptv site Hi guys, I have been using the mobile site with both my iPhone and my iPad. It is working well on the iPad, it appears to be loading more quickly on the iPad than the iPhone. One suggestion would be to offer some sort of a graphic to indicate that the show you have selected and pressed the play button on is in fact loading. After touching the icon you have no idea what is going on, as you are left with the image of the programme selected. It would be better to see a wheel or bar indicating how long before it is fully loaded. Just trying to watch Mad Men on the iPhone. There are issues with buffering, it is just too slow and it continues to stop every few seconds. I have had to press pause so that it can load a bit more of the program so that I can watch it with continuity. Other than that, it is fantastic, better than watching it on the laptop!

SeanmcGee

Their suggestion to be counted: I'm in , using Iphone 4 this really rocks, if its works well i may just have to buy an ipad to celebrate i would love  to see an app. It might be cool to integrate a watchlist or a channel builder and have a way to distinguish ep's that you have already watched form ones you havent. it may also be helpful to have a direct link to the Shows or ep's IMDB page, i know i like to have a quick look at the IMDB page before i watch a new show, its perrty quick when you have a tab open on the laptop, but it could be a pain on a mobile. Any way cant wait to see the results.

Thanks Gym. I tried to go through all the pages, but WOW there are alot of pages! hahaha Sorry if I missed someone. Hopefully the other members will see what I missed.

Reply 10#10 arksongbird80's post

It's not necessary for posts already made to be reposted here, as I told imagnu. We will be reading the entire original thread as well as this one, to make sure no feedback is missed. Thanks.

Oh well again my helpfulness is unwarranted. Oh well. No more posting. Hopefully y'all will get new suggestions. Good luck. I can delete all of mine if need be.

Reply 12#12 arksongbird80's post

Yeah, it may not have been necessary but we appreciate the sentiment. As Barb has already mentioned, we've already accounted for these and the duplication will just make it difficult when collating all of the feedback. We can delete the duplicates but I'll leave that to Barb who is managing this thread.

Reply 12#12 arksongbird80's post

There is no need to delete the posts. As Shinny said, the sentiment and intention IS appreciated. With regards to threads like this, it is better to leave certain things to the moderators. While we may not post as often as members might like, we do check in and read the posts daily, at the very least. I thought I had been clear in my directions for this thread in the first post, as well as in my reply to imagnu. I will try to make sure there is no room for misunderstanding in the future.

Awesomo 2000

It works so well on my iPad I really have no reason to turn on my laptop. Thanks so much VIPtv. Oh and I'm looking to get apple tv. If this worked on that that would be RAD [ Last edited by vinnyubend at 5-14-2012 19:55 ]

Reply 15#15 vinnyubend's post

You can use your ipad to stream to the Apple TV

iPad:-Could the "mobile for VIPTV.NET Desktop" link open in a new tab rather than navigate away from the mobile site. Then from there, I find navigating to the forum is tricky as the forum link is not next to 'get F$' but is on the row underneath, on the top of the VIPTV.NET >home link. This could just be my settings.Anyway a link to the desktop (and/or to the forum) which opens in a new window/tab would be very useful. [ Last edited by gymcoach at 5-16-2012 00:34 ]

Me again I know I have previously said that it would be good to have more than one page of viewing history but I understand space could be an issue. This would be however be very, very useful - I have watched a lot of episodes of Smash, which is free but need to see which episode I got up to on Game of Thrones but can't because the one page is full. A way around this could be to marry the viewing history of both mobile and desktop onto the watching logs of the main desktop account, perhaps having an extra column next to 'Viewed at' or the writing in a different colour to indicate mobile viewing. The mobile site could continue to have the most recent with a link to "see full viewing history" on the main desktop site

Reply 17#17 gymcoach's post

My mobile viewing history is on the main desktop site but it don't indicate which site I used other than unlimited watching while on trial

Thank you!!!

I have been waiting for this forever I think its perfect and am so excited to be able to watch on my ipad instead of sitting in front of the PC all the time

Reply 18#18 codebreaker's post

That's odd, if I go to my account and viewing history then I just have one page with True Blood episodes on my desktop site, which is what I last watched on there, and the Smash on my mobile.

23 12
Thread