Thread
Printable Version

How to Become a moderator on This Forum ?

Reply #2 mcleod's post

Thank you for your interest, but as you stated you just started using our forum. Welcome to the forum, and showing interest in becoming a moderator is very much appreciated. It will be some time before you will be considered for this position. It is not just the number of posts as stone stated 150 min, It is the quality of those posts. I see in just over a day or so you are up to almost 30 posts. So do not by that rationale believe you should be ready to be a moderator in a week. Do me a favor and now that you have expressed this interest show us you mean it. Let us see you helping fellow users, and taking an active interest in at least one of the TV show forums. Start some ideas, and threads going. Make some valid comments. Review an episode you just watched. Compliment someone else and post in their thread. These are the traits we want to see from our fellow moderators. Not just someone who can win 2 contests and post 150 one line posts. You need to put in your time, let us know you for the quality you bring to our site, believe me, when you start making quality posts we moderators take notice. I want all of you who are applying to understand this before applying. Are you ready to represent this site? Please its nice that they offer you some VIP points for your work here as a moderator, but it is just that its work. Anyone who takes on the position of moderator we your co-moderators will hold you to the highest standard. Thank you, and best of luck to all and any of you who would like to join - We are the Few, The Proud, WE ARE THE MOD SQUAD!
A Fine Member of the Mod  Squad!

gabismom was promoted to moderator most recently.

Quote:
Originally posted by themegababe at:22 PM and I do not want to take over the mods job of recreating them.
Oh please don't let that stop you...POST POST POST!!! Start your own discussions, ideas, thoughts....feel free to create new threads in any of your favorite shows.

Reply #36 themegababe's post

hmmm...honestly I guess so, I don't remember a ever making a post that was too big, even as a member. I would have to look into that for you.

Reply #39 vietbeat's post

We have some of the most top rated shows over the last 10 years or so on this site. I really don't know what it is exactly your are looking for.

Reply #47 01torres's post

long posts are never counted against you....It was actually a very nice, and informative request. We will consider this your formal request, and please be patient. I am not sure when a new mod will be apointed, but you will have to be discussed when that happens. Thank you for your request.

Reply #49 themegababe's post

We will accept this as your request, but, I would point out you have not been a member for that long yet. Continue to contribute as we have seen you doing, and continue being active, and your request will be considered again. I hope you understand I am not saying your request is not valid, its just you have not shown your longevity to the site yet.

Ok Commando we will accept this as your request...and it will be discussed thank you for your submission. You are right, when your active, you always try to help out, you have been here for quite a while as well. In the mean time lets see you around more like you stated

Reply 86#86 bala's post

Bala please know that you are one of the highest respected members of this forum. Your contributions to this site are not in question here. You are a GREAT member. I am sorry that your request was denied, but it does not mean you are not respected. I hope you can see the difference....Not everyone is going to be a moderator that is active on this forum, that just could not work...I know that you know it as well. Some people are better members then they are moderators. As it is you pretty much do the job still anyhow, the only difference is, you do not "represent" the site at this time. When a moderator makes a post, new members read the post, and take it as the "word" of the site for the most part. That may not be true for the members who have been around long enough and know what a complete "goof" I am....but thats besides the point. You already have respect of the members, you have a lot of people that follow your posts, and respect your opinion. What more can you ask for. I apologize that you did not get accepted, I hope this has made you feel somewhat better, as that was my intent. You and I have had our differences, but all that aside, I hope you will continue to be the member you have been these past few months.

Yeah we are all pretty super...thanks for noticing Bala!!!

Thread