Thread
Printable Version

How to Become a moderator on This Forum ?

Yes, I was raised well so I don't have to worry about not being respectful. So basically you need to post worthy posts, worthy being the key word, meet requirements and then apply? Then it's decided afterwards? Someday I will become a moderator... May it be centuries! (I'm not greedy or anything like that, just determined...)

Reply 81#81 redsoxpatriot30's post

It's good to be determined in life....it gets u places I enjoyed your Cold Case quiz....great job.

i would love to become mod.i have been here for 1 or 2 monhts(i hade to change my account cause with my old one i had some problems with login in.i wisit his forum many times a day.this is like the nicest forum i have been to.i would love to help peeps and make some fun quizes

Reply 84#84 gyki98's post

If you read post #1, it will tell you the minimum requirement needed for consideration. There are also some useful tips and insights in this thread.
trulee - Red is better than Blue, We're the CHAMPIONS so it's TRUE!!

in case people wonder my application was reject because i seem to be enjoying being a member for than a mod

Reply 86#86 bala's post

Bala please know that you are one of the highest respected members of this forum. Your contributions to this site are not in question here. You are a GREAT member. I am sorry that your request was denied, but it does not mean you are not respected. I hope you can see the difference....Not everyone is going to be a moderator that is active on this forum, that just could not work...I know that you know it as well. Some people are better members then they are moderators. As it is you pretty much do the job still anyhow, the only difference is, you do not "represent" the site at this time. When a moderator makes a post, new members read the post, and take it as the "word" of the site for the most part. That may not be true for the members who have been around long enough and know what a complete "goof" I am....but thats besides the point. You already have respect of the members, you have a lot of people that follow your posts, and respect your opinion. What more can you ask for. I apologize that you did not get accepted, I hope this has made you feel somewhat better, as that was my intent. You and I have had our differences, but all that aside, I hope you will continue to be the member you have been these past few months.
A Fine Member of the Mod  Squad!

Reply 87#87 dognxtdoor's post

thank you for your kind words, it's a shame they can't be new status for member-for mod they 2 type moderators and super-mod but member there just 1-it would be nice if status 'super-member'. . i would love to represent this site-i support this 500%-amount of time i spend on here. as to your points- i think being a moderator gives more respect than being average member. note those member who register never come back. it just feel being member logged in those 103507 normal member. nothing distinguish me from them. sometimes i question if i'm respected? guess i've got accept that-it nice of you say so and it means a lot. here me thinking one day i was going be one of you lot.

Reply 88#88 bala's post

Bala, I'm sorry you were unsuccessful on this occasion. As Dognxtdoor has already said, you are a valued member of this site, this community. I would like to point out to you how this is expressed by the site in the hopes that you do feel valued. You are one of the few members we have with the status of Lord. It is not a position which is arrived at easily hence the small number of members who have achieved it. It shows other members your commitment to the site and gives them something to aspire to. How many posts have you read and responded to where new members bemoan their "Newbie" status? You also have your Captains Medal which again seperates you from the "average" member. You were I believe the first member to receive a medal of any form after the moderators. I know you may be feeling a little hurt and disappointed by the decision but you have no need to feel unrespected. Your post regarding you birthday and the subsequent replies should dispell that. I hope you continue to be the valued member that you are. Your posts always cause me to have some kind of reaction and I look forward to that continuing. trulee
trulee - Red is better than Blue, We're the CHAMPIONS so it's TRUE!!

thank you we all got medal together but your right those are few thing i have achieved coming to my 6 months. i appreciate advise both you and dan have given me.

Reply 87#87 bala's post

No one on this site should feel disrespected because of their status. Although, being a Moderator carries a lot of respect, like Dan and Trulee said, your current status is difficult to attain and should not be taken likely or disrespected.

Hi all im sure you've seen me kicking around the site. I would like to formally put my name down for a moderators position when one becomes available. I love this site and am a total addict to the cause, I always try to help new comers to the site and feel I can be of even more help given a little more authority. My favorite genre of programme Sci-Fi although I do have a diverse taste from Action to Comedy. If a post is not available I will be here for the long haul anyways to help out where I can. Thanks in advance and keep up the great service.

Reply 91#91 casper27's post

you don't enjoy being a member?

Reply 92#92 bala's post

I love been a member and will continue to be a good member and ambassador for the site whether I get to be a Mod or not. I just think I would be able to bring more to the site especially now I'm working from home and have a lot of spare time

Reply 93#93 casper27's post

that's good i think you would make a good mod but remember working from home that you don't spend too much time on here otherwise you would let work slip a bit. trust me i know how addictive internet forums are

Quote:
Originally posted by bala at 1-13-2008 11:01 that's good i think you would make a good mod but remember working from home that you don't spend too much time on here otherwise you would let work slip a bit. trust me i know how addictive internet ...
Take heed of Bala's advice. It's very good.

Reply 94#94 bala's post

Point noted thanks for the advice, I think Im at a happy medium now.

Reply 96#96 casper27's post

it's the least i can do-i wouldn't want you be unemployed like me

Hi all, well I'd also like to put myself down formally to be considered as a moderator, when a place becomes available. I think you all know me well by now and have seen that I contribute regularly to the site. I enjoy answering the questions around problems and issues, it comes naturally to me to want to help out when I can. I'll go wherever the need arises, but shows I would be passionate about are Prison Break, Samantha Who?, Moonlight (you all know why!!), Medium, Brothers and Sisters, October Road, to name but a few. Thanks Shinny

Reply 98#98 shinny's post

You do know that once you a moderator you can't enter quizes for other shows? i'm still in doghouse to become a moderator-i think i should give up accept my fate into becoming regular member-at least i can earn loads of points

Reply 99#99 bala's post

Hi Bala, I don't think that is true. I remember seeing quizzes open to other mods, but they don't get as many points. One of the mods can clarify that, but that's how I understood it. Besides, the points are just a bonus. The quizzes in themselves are fun.

Thread