48 123
Thread
Printable Version

The Straits (ABC1) General Discussion (Spoilers)

The Straits (ABC1) General Discussion (Spoilers)

The Straits Premieres on ABC1 on February 02, 2012

Set among the turquoise waters and lethal wildlife of Australia’s Far North Queensland and the Torres Strait, The Straits is an exotic, darkly humorous crime drama.

The Montebellos are not your average Australian family. Modern day smugglers, their family business is transporting drugs into Australia and guns and exotic wildlife out, making use of ties of blood and loyalty in the Torres Strait Islands.

When Harry, the head of the family, starts to plan his succession, a power struggle is sparked between brother and brother, wife and daughter. Under attack from ambitious bikies and mercurial PNG Raskols, the family must hold together through torture, assassination and imprisonment.

Homepage
Source

Discuss Anything About The Straits Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 2-2-2012 19:02 ]

Looks great this is my kind of show -how do they come up with original content

1x01 The Proposition

I'm impressed he managed to get back up and fire the machine gun with the arrow in his mouth and wanting a hand rail for the dog stairs was priceless, who in the right mind would build a staircase for the dog to get on the bed but Noel trying to see his kids when he was drunk was stupid and even worse his actions could of got his family killed

Reply 5#5 codebreaker's post

Well Noel seems to be the only one out of the 3 to run the business but other two will certainly provide for some amusing moments. Well you could see why the other guy didn't want the daughter to look at the books look like he's been stealing from him. I know some wives will do anything for their husband but trying seduce your husband step brother just so she could get some leverage on him was awful. . What an awful way to get rid of body

Reply 7#7 bala's post

Pushing him in the pool with with the jelly fish was poetic justice for shooting up the house with the kids in but Noel knows he brought it on himself

1x02 The Trouble With Raskols

The meths lab exploding after the phone call was amusing considering the other gut told him to leave because he was afraid it might explode and Harry tells a good lie when the girlfriend asked after leaving the police station, who would of thought taking a mop to a machine gun fight and the mop win but burying him before he's dead was creepy, Lola getting the shower with Gary in the hope to secure Marou as future head of the business was crazy

Reply 9#9 codebreaker's post

You didn't watch this as one episode ?

Reply 10#10 bala's post

No watched it on the homepage

1x03 Yawor My Lovely

As soon as Harry took Paddy fishing after he seen the house he brought with money stolen from him i knew he was doomed but Sissi's reaction could be awkward and what the gunman did to the old guy was terrible, that is some bad luck Gary is having, Harry getting shot might be enough to save Lola's marriage

Reply 12#12 codebreaker's post

Well i have say this make thing interesting since he hasn't actually named anyone to take over if he died ?

1x04 The Hunt For Vlad

Harry surviving the shooting was a surprise but while he lies comatose I'm not surprised his sons go on the hunt for his attacker and i was impressed how quick they found him but why they waited so long to get him was crazy, his wife using black magic to inflict pain into the shooter was interesting and i thought the cop pulled her over for the money

Epiphanies

Well when Gary was right not take the children but glad the coastguard found them thanks to the girl coughing. I must say Sissy has tough job if she controlling the money has no choice but get support from other women. This is becoming very interesting since she has hidden money and look like she keeping her secrets. I have a feeling she take over the family but needs to get her mother out of the way before she attempt to take over.

Price

Well this was a great episode but what a price to pay for Noel

48 123
Thread