130 1234567
Thread
Printable Version

New updates and shows to be suspended on RM site

I've been having these loading issues on the EU server since before the US server went under maintenance. I've been having these Flash issues since it was first launched last year. I'm getting 5-10 mbps download speed & I have the latest version of Flash installed. I keep seeing posts from other people with the same problems but I'm not seeing solutions. I keep seeing the same recommendations to use Chrome & update Flash. I was hopeful when mention of another server popped up but now it turns out that's not even relevant to my location. Real Player may have it's share of problems but the shows load in less than 60 seconds. In Flash, it takes over 4 hours to load a 40 minute show. Where are the solutions for all the people who've been posting they can't use Flash? Are we simply out of luck where VIPTV is concerned? If you have no solutions beyond simply recommending Chrome & the latest version of Flash, please tell us so we don't keep holding out hope that things are going to get better. After weeks of dealing with this, I just want to know what the reality is and I'm sure everyone else experiencing these Flash buffer problems would feel the same. Why is Real Player not a problem but Flash a problem? What more can be done to address the Flash player problems?

Reply 121#121 hsgreenb's post

I live in the UK with only 2-3MB download speed and i only use the EU server with Chrome and the average 40 minute show takes 80 minute's to load but like most of the others i much prefer the realplayer site

Reply 122#122 codebreaker's post

In this thread US server's traffic on the peak, post 24, I mentioned that if members had a pre-existing issue (so not related to the upgrade of the US Server) what we were recommending for that isn't going to work. Flash is temperamental at best, but so is Real for a lot of people also. Over the years we have seen many many members have issues with Real that they eventually figured out by trial and error. There are so many things that could impact why Flash is not loading for you, whilst Real is not working for somebody else. All we can do is point members to the trouble shooting thread (which I did in post 102). Did you try all of those suggestions? We know it's not an issue with the site (for US Server issues) and many many members access Flash, every day, without issue. It's probably not the answer you wanted, but it's an honest one. At the end of the day it's up to the user to pin point (by trial and error) the issue when it's not a site wide issue. We try to assist, where we can.

Real player site

I have not read completely through the entire thread discussing the switch from real player. From what i understand, the realplayer site is no longer going to be supported due to the amount of time it takes for that format. I along with others have not had a good experience with the non realplayer site. I would rather pay a much larger premium for the real player site than pay current rates for the flash option. Has this been suggested? At what price increase will it be profitable to continue to run the realplayer site?

Reply 124#124 jesparza's post

Having both RP & Flash has been on trial since the Flash was implemented. If both were able to pay for themselves, there was the idea that both could be kept. That did not happen. According to Admin, it is not fiscally viable to keep both sites going and maintain the same level of service the members have come to expect. Most people are able to use Flash with little to no difficulty (barring the current connectivity issues because of getting the other server up and running). It is no longer an option to keep the RealPlayer site.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 123#123 shinny's post

I appreciate what you have posted thus far in regards to helping to sort different problems, but i am still having literally no luck with the switch from RP to flash despite having a very good mbps download and running off the most recent updates on chrome and flash player. I have looked through all advise listed on all posts, followed suggestions and tried as many different combinations myself to establish a worthwhile solution but still come out with no result. After my many attempts i found it best to pause, wait until the episode was fully buffered and then watch it. However, the main issue i have on a consistent basis is that even once fully buffered i am unable to watch an entire episode. It keeps freezing at irregular points (though usually between 5-10 minutes) and not continuing to play or stream no matter the amount of time i leave it. Do you have any more suggestions that may go beyond previous posts?

Reply 126#126 pdownes's post

If your issue started prior to the US server being under maintenance, and you have tried all of the suggestions provided, I'm afraid I have no idea what else we can do for you. If the problems have been since the server issues, then when they are fixed, you should have better luck.

The EU server is terrible as well! SO frustrated...

Reply 128#128 olia's post

You obviously haven't read the thread that Shinny posted a link to in post #123. The issues with the EU server are temporary as it has much more traffic while the US server is being upgraded.

Reply 130#130 cheetahnae27's post

While RealPlayer offered the option to download, this site has never condoned nor authorized the illegal downloading of videos. I have no suggestions that would help you to continue to engage in illegal behaviour.

130 1234567
Thread