Thread
Printable Version

New updates and shows to be suspended on RM site

Ah Flash..... yes I see.

Hey all, as we have a few new people on this thread I thought I'd remind people of this thread => Flash Player Trouble Shooting / Helpful Tips Thread - Check out the suggestions on this thread. Secondly, go to post 28 (on page 2 of this thread) and follow my directions there.

@olia I agree it would be truly sad to see Fringe go. Being a TV addict, I read TV Line daily. There are already pieces quoting Fox management who are proud of what the makers of Fringe are putting out there but, alas, the show is losing money. Ratings from last Friday were steady but they'll have to have an uptick to attract advertisers & I doubt that such a complicated show as Fringe, which one can't simply watch for the first time in season 4 & understand everything, will gain many new viewers in the next few months. Last hope will be meetings between Fox & the show's production company this Spring. If I'm reading the tea leaves correctly, though, season 4 will be the last broadcast TV episodes of Fringe. The makers are already saying that the season 4 finale can stand as a series finale, but they did the same for season 3 as ratings were not great last year either. Fringe was only saved by the production company making a sweetheart deal with Fox. If it does go off TV, they are already talking about continuing via webisodes which I imagine all acting talent will participate in because how many opportunities do actresses & actors get to play so many versions of the same characters? Such is life in the business of show. At least we still have great shows like White Collar, Game of Thrones, Suits, Breaking Bad (for 2 more half seasons), The Walking Dead, The Good Wife, American Horror Story, Sons of Anarchy, True Blood, Californication, Dexter, Homeland & Shameless (totally awesome). I don't know if Luther will be back for a 3rd series but that, and the UK Sherlock, are both very good as well. I only hope I can sort my Flash issues so I can keep watching them all on VIPTV.

What do I need to download for this to work, every time I click on a show not it says "stream not found" and takes my points away...??

Reply 104#104 katemac's post

Check post #28 and #102 and then try the free shows until you have it fixed

Reply 104#104 katemac's post

Also, for reimbursement of lost points, please send a PM to lbjedward.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 106#106 waterlilybarb's post

Please note LBJ away for 1 week http://www.friendvista.com/forum ... &extra=page%3D1 So please be patient for a response katemac

Reply 107#107 bala's post

Thank you for posting that reminder Bala.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

now that sucks

I haven't been on here for months and was unaware of this development. And I just bought me some vip points. Realplayer seems to work better for me too. Flashplayer is so slow and feels like watching a series of pictures. Guess i will not buy anymore points but I tell you, I will soooo miss this site.

Reply 109#109 spoiledbratdee's post

the flash site is getting a new server for double capacity which will help solve some of the slow loading of episodes.

I have been an avid user of VIP for a number of years and I have to say today I have reached the end of my patience with the new Flash site - I have followed all advice posted in the forum and it has still taken me nearly 6 hours to watch a CSI episode!!! PLEASE say this is going to improve or you are going to offer an alternative

I know I might seem inpatient by asking this... but how long do you think it might take to get the new server up and running?

Reply 106#106 waterlilybarb's post

What's a PM? I'm losing points just because shows aren't loading with the flash version.

Reply 112#112 olia's post

Only admin can answer that and he's been on holiday last week and i think he is based in China who celebrate their new year on Monday

Reply 113#113 smbolden's post

PM is private message and it's on the top of the page next to log-out

hi sorry to ask but does anyone know when the new server will be up and running
always repect peoples opinions

Reply 116#116 babysexylexy's post

We are preparing new US server with double capacity of current US server. It's estimated that our new server will be available one month later due to huge data transfer. http://www.friendvista.com/forum ... 3952&extra=page%3D1

well bummer

That's too bad but I understand. The flash player site doesn't work very well for me but I will use it for those shows it allows me to watch and wander the web for the rest. I still love this site more than any other!~S Thanks for the info~S
Things Change

US server only? What about the international server? I just came home after the hours it took to load a full episode of Castle and, even though the progress bar showed full red, it stuck on buffering after a minute & seventeen seconds.

Reply 119#119 hsgreenb's post

No, it's the US server that is under maintenance at the moment and hence you will have loading issues. Please see the link above in post 117 where lbjedward is recommending for members to use the EU server.

Thread