Thread
Printable Version

New updates and shows to be suspended on RM site

Reply 80#80 babysexylexy's post

I just done a speed which is less than 2MB

reply 81#81 codebreaker's post

i can't upload the picture but my download speed is 5.39 upload speed is .67 and ping is 40 ms
always repect peoples opinions

Reply 82#82 babysexylexy's post

When the test is finished you have the option to share click on that and then the copy link and then just paste it back here

reply 83#83 codeberaker' post s

came out slightly different

tested it again

Reply 85#85 babysexylexy's post

Considering we both use sky the location makes a lot of difference

reply 87#87 codebraker's post

i presume from my numbers compared to yours my internet should be faster, or worse

Reply 88#88 babysexylexy's post

A lot faster

reply 89#89 codebraker's post

lol well im now at 21mins 45 for the mentalist thats been a good few hours now hasnt it since i posted today

this is the last thing im going to post on here tonight i checked the time that i started to buffer the mentalist it was 2012 its now 2300 im only at 24mins and 30 seconds i think its going to be a record tonight taking longer than 4 hours to buffer. this is really odd to me more so because its friday night and most people go out on a friday and not stay in and watch tv (i admit im sad lmao) and this is also odd because it doesnt happen all the time

I wasn't aware there were two sites - maybe put a notice up. I came on the forum to find out why there weren't any updates. It would be good to let people know they can redirect to the new site. When I read the updates that the new site technology doesn't work - just spools continually throughout - I thought they must be joking. But no. I've just tried to watch homeland and ever 5 seconds it spools.... so is the technology not fit for purpose? It makes it unwatchable.

Reply 92#92 KatherineTV's post

If you was on the realplayer site then the flash logo on the top takes you to the other site

Flash Player impossible!!!

I never had a problem with a Real Player, and am miserable with the flash site. An episode takes FOREVER to load... I've been using this site for years now... will HAVE to find another solution.

Reply 94#94 olia's post

I'm have similar problems with it taking about twice the time to load but if you have read all the post you will know they are working on a new server and there might be some tips to help in the meantime

Using Google Chrome, and I have no other programs running.... hopefully the new server will make it bearable... (snif snif)

I have been a member now for over 2 years and watching my programmes through VIP is now the main way in which I watch TV. I love the sight and am high user. I understand the need to centre on one deliverable to your customers and your decision to go with flash. I like other users have considerable time delay issues in using flash over real player and am disappointed this is no longer going to be updated and eventually unsupported. I have given the flash player another go but am finding the delays a real issue. I have looked at the trouble shooting advice given and no real joy. I have installed google chrome and have found initially this is giving a better speed performance so will preserver. I hope that when the new server is up and running this may assist with speeds. Can you please let us know when this is likely to be available? I think this may solve a lot of issues especially if users are having no time delay issues with other sites such as youtube and reliable internet connections. In the meantime I do love the site and appreciate the improvements you are attempting to make. You will never keep everyone happy but have to admit that you do try and its nice to see you engaging your users in spirited and helpful debate over changes and issues.

I spent the weekend at my girlfriend's place & tested Flash from her computer. Everything worked well so that helped me eliminate my country location (Singapore) as the source of the issue. Her computer's a 3 year old Vaio & mine's a 3 year old HP. I thought it might be a video card issue because she tried to Skype from my machine when we were travelling & it didn't work. So we brought her laptop to my place on Sunday & experienced the same buffer every 3 seconds that I do with my own laptop. We're in different parts of Singapore but, most importantly, we have different providers. She uses Singtel & I use Starhub. I'm going to try & bring my computer to her place next weekend & then to another friend's apartment who has Starhub. I really hope we can figure this out. The good news is, at least, I got to watch the return of Fringe. That's the only show I really care about. Too bad it's probably going to be cancelled in May.

Much better!!

I am in Paris, France... haven't changed a thing, have been watching the new show "Boss" and it seems to be working much better! Keeping my fingers crossed.... P.S. Would be real sad to see Fringe go...

I agree with KatherineTV that there should be a large notice on the viptv homepage saying that "all updated shows are on the flash site which you can access on this link" as I had no idea that there was another site and the 'f' meant nothing to be even if I had been looking for a link to another site. I was getting really frustrated that nothing was being updated and, quite honestly, went on to other sites to watch them, and I bet I'm not the only one. MUCH prefer to watch them on viptv (although perhaps I wont be saying that once I've tried flash by the sounds of things) but needs must....

Thread