Thread
Printable Version

New updates and shows to be suspended on RM site

Reply 40#40 bala's post

Could be! I must check it out tonight when I get home from work.

Reply 41#41 shinny's post

Well i think you said it also depends on location. The things with internet so many factor that affect it

Hi, I've just logged onto this forum to see what's happening to House, and came across this thread. I have no idea what you're talking about, and I'm not a techie (in fact I'm a 62 year old grandmother!), but I've been using this site for about five year without any problems; I just follow any instructions that are sent to me. I know I originally downloaded RP and always click on their updates (it took me ages to realise you meant Real Player), I have no idea what flash is, and also no idea which I now use to watch my programmes. Would I have downloaded Flash, and how would I know? I'm in the UK and I have a 30mb system - which averages out at 17mb when I do a broadband speed test. I have two questions: 1) Will I need to do anything in May to continue to access this site, or will it happen automatically? 2) If programmes that are only in RP are not going to be updated/transferred do we know what programmes they are? Thank you in advance to anyone that replies Viv

Reply 43#43 vivharley's post

Check post #28 to see if your flash is up to date and there are now more flash shows than realplayer just click the flash logo on the top of VIP home page

Wow - it would appear that, not only do I have flash, but I have the latest version!!! My son says I'm dangerous as I just click on things without understanding what I'm doing - I just follow the instructions I'm sent. I have pointed out to him that I drive a car with no real understanding of what goes on under the bonnet (hood), but that doesn't seem to bother him! Thanks Jim

However, I'm going to sound really think now - what does a Flash logo look like? I can't see anything on the top of the VIP home page that looks like a logo? This is what I've got: [VIPTV.NET] vivharley | 116 Points | 0 F$ | Log Out Membership Rank: VIP Member - Consumption Type: VIP Points Home All Shows Free Shows FAQ Account Get F$ Forum VIPTV.NET » Home # A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z No logo Viv

Reply 46#46 vivharley's post

Sorry use this link http://viptv.net/ Edit This is the flash logo [ Last edited by codebreaker at 1-11-2012 17:04 ]

Reply 47#47 codebreaker's post

There is no logo on the flash but there is a logo real player

Reply 48#48 bala's post

I assumed she was using the realplayer site considering we have been using the site for the same length of time

Reply 49#49 codebreaker's post

Has long as we have 2 sites it going confuse members

Hi, I definitely don't have a flash logo on my home page, even though I have flash on my computer. Does that mean I'm still watching programmes via Real Player?

Reply 51#51 vivharley's post

You must of moved to the new site when it launched where i stayed with the original thinking it would run smoothly when every moved to the new site but this is the original link http://vip.tv-video.net/

Well it's certainly going to confuse computer illiterate people like me! I've checked my home page again and I don't have a real player logo on it either! How do I find out which one I'm using? When I first joined this site I used to have to click onto a Real Player logo to watch a programme, now it's just an arrow in a circle and another arrow in a "broken box" saying pop up. Both work

I've just checked the http://vip.tv-video.net/ and I can see both logos. Does that mean I'm on the new site and don't haved to do anything?

Reply 54#54 vivharley's post

Yep if you don't see the logos it mean your on new site

Thanks Jim and Bala for your help. I should add that I don't have any problems with the site (new or old). Whenever I've had the occasionaly blip I simply change to a different server and that normally solves the problem; I don't know if that should make a difference but it does. Last night I was watching Hustle using the European server and it was slowing down every minute or so; I simply switched to the American service and the problem went away. Watched three episodes straight off with no problems. I know it doesn't belong on this thread, but are we ever going to get DS9? Viv

Reply 56#56 vivharley's post

As long as you don't have problems it's great it's more nightmare figuring out members problems since everyone internet is set up differently various factor affects connection.

reply 36#36 codebraker

hi ive tried that with 2 programes and only with one etc etc but sadly it doesnt work it doesnt happen all the time i do have to say but when it does 4 hours seems to be the thing i was watching the second episode of the firm it took 4 hours and i still didnt see the end the last 3 minutes because it just stopped to the great know it all's (sorry not the guys who help us, bala codebraker, waterlillybarb the normal people x ) thank you for not listening to your loyal customers and frustrating us again thank you for not even responding to our pm's thats right you pick and choose who and how to answer to us
always repect peoples opinions

Reply 58#58 babysexylexy's post

Have you tried different web browsers because i only use chrome for steaming because my firefox has a habit of crashing every day and some days more than once and last night i was tired and left two over night and watched them today [ Last edited by codebreaker at 1-11-2012 21:59 ]

Reply 59#59 codebreaker's post

So what is going to happen in a year or two when flash is dead. Flash has discontinued support on mobile devices,, more and more sites are going to HTML5. This includes the big ones (can't mention other sites) They are slowly moving away from Flash. Why? Flash is pervasive, if you don't keep it updated it has problems, uses more bandwidth than other media devices. More and more people don't want to install a 3rd party plug-in, especially from a company like Adobe. And until recently the supported SOPA, and are only pulling away because other tech companies are pulling away from it. (For those that don't know what SOPA is, research it, if it passes, at least in the U.S., companies will be able to get the government to block sites like VIP) I do computer and network troubleshooting, so I know how to fix my problems, but when you drop a connection and flash drops everything that has buffered, and takes twice as long to download and watch a show, it is a PAIN. Right now, I will use the flash site, but the first time My ISP tells me I have hit my bandwidth limit, I will be dropping this site and moving to another. I like the community, but your technology is moving backwards instead of forwards.
I am not asking you to dye your hair red and call me Mulder, I would simple ask that you could consider the possibility...

Thread