Thread
Printable Version

New updates and shows to be suspended on RM site

I tried everything on that tips page. The only thing is mentioned that I'm wondering may be the cause is that my computer is 3 years old. Would the age of my video/graphics cards/software on this computer be the reason the flash videos don't load quickly? Or could it be my location (Singapore)?

Did a bandwidth test & it looks like i'm only getting 5.1 mbps down & 1.14 mbps up. 2nd test was 7.97 down & 1.12 up Could that be the reason? What is the recommended up & down for the flash site? [ Last edited by hsgreenb at 1-7-2012 02:24 ]

Reply 1#1 lbjedward's post

Isn't there any way you can keep updating the shows on RP until May 1st...I can't use Flash at all.

Flash Site sucks. They dont want to hear that though. No point in paying for this site anymore. **** is free and its a NON-Profit. So its legal! ;) Any downloading of shows from a site like **** is illegal. edit waterlilybarb: it is against forum policy to post the names of other sites. If anyone wants the name, they are free to ask you via PM.

Reply 24#24 FlashGordon's post

As it your first post you haven't wasted too much money and you still have realplayer available untill May to use what points you have left but why didn't you try the free shows before wasting your money on a site that sucks

Interesting developments this morning. Yesterday, I checked for the latest update of Flash but the site says that, by using Chrome, I'm already on the latest version. I then tried to see if switching from wireless to wired would make a difference, rebooted & was prompted to download Flash 11.1 upon restart. I did that, checked & was having the same problems with the Flash site. After that, I went out for the day. This morning, I started my computer, still wired directly to the router, and attempted watching Private Practice 5x11 on the Flash site and, other than some stutters here & there in the video, it worked continuously throughout. I did a speed test wired in and got 12+ mbps down. After watching the full show, I switched back to wireless and also got 12+ mbps down but couldn't get more than 3 seconds through the same show without it hanging. I've since switched back to wired, rebooted again, powered down/up my router & am still experiencing the "every 3 second hang." Based on all of this, can you make any suggestions on what I can do to get consistent performance from the Flash site? I recognize that the Real Player site's life was only about 7 months so now it's going away for good. When RP functionality was pulled in April, I looked around and, frankly, didn't find too many viable alternatives. I'd like to stick with VIP since I've been using it for almost 2 years, and I'm an American expat living in SE Asia and need my lifeline to my shows. I hope someone can help.

I have the same problem as hsgreenb, only even once i have loaded the entire episode, it still freezes regularly.. I have checked my computer specs and I have a good internet connection, is this as Barb said and it being due to my area or is there something i have missed regarding sufficient specs on my computer?

Reply 26#26 hsgreenb's post

You need to check that your flash player is working correctly. Go to this page: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/155/tn_15507.html If you cannot see the animation just under: 1. Check if Flash Player is installed on your computer Can you see the movie below? Then you need to trouble shoot Flash which is detailed at the bottom of the page.

Just to let everyone know Flash can also be affected by your pc's anti virus. I had this problem where my anti virus was scanning for access protection and would cause problems with the flash player. Hope everyone gets things sorted out.

As lbjedward said in post #1 So our VIPTV.net starts Flash streaming on May 1, 2011 but is still saying Software: RealPlayer when shouldn't it by now say Flash

Recent Ratings
  • shinny Points +5 For raising the Software naming issue 1-10-2012 08:32

Reply 30#30 codebreaker's post

Yeah, I noticed that the other day. I know it's a cosmetic thing but it should be changed. I'll send him a PM regarding it.

Reply 31#31 shinny's post

The Announcements could also be updated as one don't work and the realplayer help could be changed to flash help

i know the site is only going to be flash from now on but 3 different shows 3 different days it takes up to 4 hours to download a show today at this moment its the firm 2nd episode so far its been 3 hours it doesnt happen with every show i watch its very tempramental only ebery now and then and its different times of the day 2 days ago it was unforgetable at about 8pm that took 4 hours this is why i get so frustrated with flash i never ever had an issue with real player again i dont understand there is tvfull.com which is flash why can we not continue to have a choice of both flash and real player ive only been a customer for about 16 months but i have bought 3 times the max mgs to watch shows so i do spend money quite a bit a choice would be so good
always repect peoples opinions

Reply 33#33 babysexylexy's post

hi babysexylexy i have been on here near enough from the start and no one is more upset over loseing RP than i am .i am suffering just as many problems with flash and its really getting to me
The Mod Police Are Watching You

reply 34#34 magic4u

thanks its nice to hear that i am not the only one
always repect peoples opinions

Reply 33#33 babysexylexy's post

What i do when i use the flash site is start a show and then pause until the red line is half way but before i start watching i do the same thing on the next show so while I'm watching one the other is buffing

Reply 35#35 babysexylexy's post

I just let a 58 minute show buff to the end which took 80 minute which is an improvement on what it used to take

Reply 37#37 codebreaker's post

Really because since they added all new shows yesterday i noticed a huge delay in how long it takes to watch an episode normally it takes 20 minutes to load 40 minutes show now it's taking 1 hour.

Reply 38#38 bala's post

I, by no means, have a fast connection. It's 8mb and I usually get around 5mb on a bad day and close to the 8mb mark on a good day. Shows load for me in about 10-15 minutes. So it seems to be really hit and miss. I bought a Smart TV in the January sales and so I've been watching shows on that. I thought I was going to have a lot of problems because it's a different platform, but it's great. Loads fast and never jerks. For those having the stop start problem or not loading at all, did you check the link from my post number 28?

Reply 39#39 shinny's post

Yes my speed is only 3mb so it's less than yours but i have had no problems with flash site since it launched but today first time i am experience slowness maybe due amount people watching the shows.

Thread