24 12
Thread
Printable Version

Flash Site Sucks!

Flash Site Sucks!

Note: This post has been suppressed by system since the author has been banned or deleted.

Reply 1#1 santimar's post

I"m having some trouble with the flash site as well. I seem to have better luck with the RP site, but it's not uploaded as quickly. It's a bit annoying.
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Reply 1#1 santimar's post

Since the Flash site is meant to be the main site, it will generally be updated first. The Realplayer site still gets updated. It just gets done later.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 3#3 waterlilybarb's post

Is there any room for negotiations with the Flash site being primary. I mean, can't we TALK about it.....

Note: This post has been suppressed by system since the author has been banned or deleted.

Reply 5#5 santimar's post

US Copyright Code Title 17, Chapter 1, § 111. Limitations on exclusive rights: Secondary transmissions, subsection a5: (a) Certain Secondary Transmissions Exempted.— The secondary transmission of a performance or display of a work embodied in a primary transmission is not an infringement of copyright if— (5) the secondary transmission is not made by a cable system but is made by a governmental body, or other nonprofit organization, without any purpose of direct or indirect commercial advantage, and without charge to the recipients of the secondary transmission other than assessments necessary to defray the actual and reasonable costs of maintaining and operating the secondary transmission service. Subsection 3 might also apply but I am not entirely sure as it would apply more to the free side then the VIP side. (3) the secondary transmission is made by any carrier who has no direct or indirect control over the content or selection of the primary transmission or over the particular recipients of the secondary transmission, and whose activities with respect to the secondary transmission consist solely of providing wires, cables, or other communications channels for the use of others: Provided, That the provisions of this clause extend only to the activities of said carrier with respect to secondary transmissions and do not exempt from liability the activities of others with respect to their own primary or secondary transmissions; http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/uscode17/usc_sec_17_00000111----000-.html

Reply 4#4 arksongbird80's post

I fully agree Ark, flash is on it's way out as HTML5 begins, Apple alrady doesn't have flash in it's mobile devices, soon Android won't either. It uses too much bandwidth for me, so when this site loses RealPlayer, I am done with it most likely. it will make me sad. To stya with the times, HTML5 development should have been thought about instead of Flash. http://freethoughtblogs.com/lous ... ng-long-live-html5/ http://www.visionmobile.com/blog ... ears-in-the-making/
I am not asking you to dye your hair red and call me Mulder, I would simple ask that you could consider the possibility...

Reply 7#7 sanggye's post

bummer. That would make me sad sanggye. You contribute so much to the site. RP is better. I'm not biased. But my opinion is correct.

Flash buffering sucks...there times I have to close out and re-start and I lose points to whatever series I'm watching I thought we didn't lose points if we watched the show within 24 hours? I want my points back

Reply 10#10 fatboy2005's post

You can get your points back by sending a PM to lbjedward and you are right you shouldn't loose point every time you re-start because you should have 30 clicks in 24 hours before being re-charged

Reply 9#9 santimar's post

well I don't see all 250,000 members saying it sucks only a very small amount of people.

I actually find the image quality much better on flash than real player. I usually have no problems with the buffering unless my isp is suffering outages or I've gone over my download limit
Irony. Yummy and delicious like cake.

Reply 13#13 santimar's post

stop talking for other members as you have no idea what they do, most people are patient and understanding.

Reply 16#16 santimar's post

I have no problem loading episodes on either site and a thread was already created way back when the Flash site first come up with a vote.

no when the site was first created it had teething problems which have since been fixed and again you have no idea what site people are watching

24 12
Thread