Thread
Printable Version

Downton Abbey Season 1-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

3x01 Episode 1

Matthew and Mary’s wedding would be a surprise for those who didn't watch the Christmas episode and Robert’s bad investment was surprising news and the though it will bring financial ruin was a shock, Thomas giving Daisy bad advise about protesting about her position was predictable and what a turn out for Mary’s wedding

3x02 Episode 2

Beryl's bedside manner was amusing but right in it's better to pay a doctor to find out what wrong than an undertaker if it kills you and Thomas getting away with his evil doings is getting beyond a joke now

3x03 Episode 3

Thomas still getting away with his evil doings is unbelievable but at least O'Brien has turned her back on him and Edith being dumped at the alter was sad

3x04 Episode 4

Looks like Bates is having his mail held after that failed cell search but I'm not surprised tom's political views manage to get him into trouble and leaving Sybil behind was unbelievable but at leased she made it home safe, Ethel having to give up her son was tragic but it was in her sons best interest

Reply 47#47 brent_beebe's post

As they haven't posted any of the previous Christmas specials I doubt they will post the latest

3x05 Episode 5

Edith give the help her severance pay after refusing to work with Ethel was a surprise and as soon as the doctors were arguing over how best to treat Sybil you just knew there would be a tragedy

3x06 Episode 6

Edith must have the patients of a saint with hiring Ethel when she can't cook and it was obvious there was going to be conflict over the babies religion and what the doctor did was surprising but probable for the best

3x07 Episode 7

Anna's patience being rewarded with the return of John was great and what Thomas did was bound to cause ruffles in the household but the sudden arrival of Branson's brother was amusing

3x08 Episode 8

I know Thomas has been evil in the past but you have to feel sorry for him now but John also felling sorry for him was a surprise, Ethel willing to stay and face the music was nice but being able to see her child was better

A Journey to the Highlands

The new delivery guy flirting with Mrs Patmore was amusing but using her was cruel and the new maid having an eye on Tom I thought might cause trouble but some of the others encouraging it was nice and Thomas getting a beating meant for his nemesis was brave, what a tragedy after Mary gave birth to their son

4x01 Episode 1

After Matthew's shocking death I'm not surprised Mary is finding it hard especially being a new mother as well and Mrs Patmore being the one who sent the card was a surprise, the nanny getting fired was understandable after what she said in the nursery

4x02 Episode 2

Robert wanting to keep the letter from Matthew was underhanded and the fact it was read before her was wrong but Rose pretending to be a maid was amusing especially after Sam tracked her down after the fight while dancing

4x03 Episode 3

Poor Anna getting attacked but I had a felling he would get the wrong idea of her friendship

4x04 Episode 4

Anna giving John the cold shoulder is understandable but is making it look suspicious and that was a close call for Tom with the maid saying she might be pregnant

4x05 Episode 5

Anna is really driving a wedge between her and John by not telling him about the attack but forcing Mrs Hughes to tell him was clever and Alfred going to London to better his career was interesting but shame about not getting in

4x06 Episode 6

What a shame the lad was blamed for the theft without evidence but the fact that the items had been found and she apologised was a surprise, Alfred getting a second chance was a nice surprise and Molesley having a hard time was his own fault as Carson had tried to help in the past

4x07 Episode 7

Blake and Mary getting dirty saving the pigs was amusing but Rose seeing the singer is bound to cause trouble and looks like John has figured out who attacked Anna

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 1-2-2014 00:30 ]

4x08 Episode 8

Rosamund's idea to try and help Edith deal with her problem by going abroad for a couple of months while she has the baby was interesting but Green dying while John was out of town was a strange coincidence

The London Season

You just knew Tom showing the teacher around the house would give the wrong idea but of all the staff to catch them it had to be Thomas and the plan to get the letter back was elaborate but John getting in back after they failed was great

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 1-24-2014 15:49 ]

Thread