Thread
Printable Version

Downton Abbey Season 1-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

2x06 Episode 6

What a turn up that Patrick survived the Titanic with amnesia but the fact he's unrecognisable you can understand Robert scepticism and Ethel finding it hard to look after her baby was sad and now the babies father has died not wanting to know his child will only make things worse, what a fitting end with Robert announcing that the ceasefire will start on the 11th November as that's today and Vera being found dead was great but that's bound to cause trouble

2x07 Episode 7

Anna being put in a difficult position by Carlisle was interesting as with her reporting what he wanted her to do has made Carson change his mind about working for him, Ethel barging in was a bad idea but with a grandfather like that I'm not surprise his son was the same and Thomas being conned was karma

2x08 Episode 8

Tom and Sybil's relationship was bound to cause trouble and the Spanish flu hitting the household couldn't of come at the worst time, Robert affair with the new maid was risky, Anna and John getting married with all the doom and gloom was nice but Matthew's intended dying was sad, Bates getting arrested was a interesting cliffhanger

Behind the Drama

This was a great recap of the show so far and seeing Anna and John relationship blossom against all the challenges was nice but Matthew having the interests of two sisters was interesting

Christmas at Downton Abbey

It's a shame the Christmas episodes aren't added to VIP as the story continues, you would think Sybil being pregnant was good news but trust Robert to put the dampers on the news, Sir Richard is a hard task master with his disapproval of the way Christmas is run at the Abbey, Bates trial was interesting as even his friends made things worse in court but being found guilty and sentenced to death was a surprise, Thomas taking the dog was sick and I'm looking forward to his downfall and Bates having the death sentenced overturned to life imprisonment was a small mercy and about time Mary and Matthew got it together

3x01 Episode 1

Matthew and Mary’s wedding would be a surprise for those who didn't watch the Christmas episode and Robert’s bad investment was surprising news and the though it will bring financial ruin was a shock, Thomas giving Daisy bad advise about protesting about her position was predictable and what a turn out for Mary’s wedding

3x02 Episode 2

Beryl's bedside manner was amusing but right in it's better to pay a doctor to find out what wrong than an undertaker if it kills you and Thomas getting away with his evil doings is getting beyond a joke now

3x03 Episode 3

Thomas still getting away with his evil doings is unbelievable but at least O'Brien has turned her back on him and Edith being dumped at the alter was sad

3x04 Episode 4

Looks like Bates is having his mail held after that failed cell search but I'm not surprised tom's political views manage to get him into trouble and leaving Sybil behind was unbelievable but at leased she made it home safe, Ethel having to give up her son was tragic but it was in her sons best interest

Downton Christmas

When will VIP post the Downton Christmas 2013 special?

Reply 47#47 brent_beebe's post

As they haven't posted any of the previous Christmas specials I doubt they will post the latest

Downton Christmas

Too bad.  Thanks Jim.

3x05 Episode 5

Edith give the help her severance pay after refusing to work with Ethel was a surprise and as soon as the doctors were arguing over how best to treat Sybil you just knew there would be a tragedy

3x06 Episode 6

Edith must have the patients of a saint with hiring Ethel when she can't cook and it was obvious there was going to be conflict over the babies religion and what the doctor did was surprising but probable for the best

3x07 Episode 7

Anna's patience being rewarded with the return of John was great and what Thomas did was bound to cause ruffles in the household but the sudden arrival of Branson's brother was amusing

3x08 Episode 8

I know Thomas has been evil in the past but you have to feel sorry for him now but John also felling sorry for him was a surprise, Ethel willing to stay and face the music was nice but being able to see her child was better

A Journey to the Highlands

The new delivery guy flirting with Mrs Patmore was amusing but using her was cruel and the new maid having an eye on Tom I thought might cause trouble but some of the others encouraging it was nice and Thomas getting a beating meant for his nemesis was brave, what a tragedy after Mary gave birth to their son

4x01 Episode 1

After Matthew's shocking death I'm not surprised Mary is finding it hard especially being a new mother as well and Mrs Patmore being the one who sent the card was a surprise, the nanny getting fired was understandable after what she said in the nursery

4x02 Episode 2

Robert wanting to keep the letter from Matthew was underhanded and the fact it was read before her was wrong but Rose pretending to be a maid was amusing especially after Sam tracked her down after the fight while dancing

4x03 Episode 3

Poor Anna getting attacked but I had a felling he would get the wrong idea of her friendship

Thread