Thread
Printable Version

Mobile site or apps?

Mobile site or apps?

I have searched and saw this was brought up on tv-video thread but was closed. I am inquiring on the possibility of a mobile site and/or mobile apps for Android or iOS (if you must ?? On the other thread the downfall of watching a 45 min show on a small screen is undesirable was brought up but just like Netflix it is in demand. We are also in the Tablet era using various mobile OS and speaking for myself I would like very much to watch shows on the 9.7" screen on my HP Touchpad now with Android 2.3.7. But also on my 4.3" LG Revolution if it were ever available and my tablet was not accessible. This is actually the only reason I am still lugging around my netbook running Windows 7. I was able to stream to my LG Revolution using stock browser but the site and video was not optimized for mobile viewing. Another thread suggests that iphone or ipad is unable to stream period due to lack of Flash and RVMB support. Also tvfull.com will not stream to mobile. Does this interest anybody else?? [ Last edited by dtambascio at 10-23-2011 21:13 ]

Reply 1#1 dtambascio's post

I do not have a smart phone, but the mods that have tested the site on them found they could watch the shows on the Flash site with their smart phones (aside from iphones/ipads). As for tvfull.com, it was never intended to be used that way, and is not actually part of this forum, so we, the moderators, don't have as much information about that site. I'll leave it to someone who has been able to use the site via one of those ways to answer more thoroughly.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Do you know what kind of phones or tabs??

I use viptv.net with my android 2 phone. I use either the dolphin browser, or skyfire. The site streams well, and plays great. I would imagine your tablet would do the same. As for the iphone, it does not play flash, and has no plans of ever allowing it...android does, which was one of my big reasons for not going with iphone, i wanted to view the vipsite while at work. LOL hope this helps.
A Fine Member of the Mod  Squad!

Thread