23 12
Thread
Printable Version

Fringe Season 4 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

4x01 Neither Here Nor There

I miss Peter, but they say he will be around in a different way.  Interesting way on bringing Lincoln in on the Fringe way.  And Walter living in the lab.

[ Last edited by sanggye at 9-24-2011 10:39 ]
I am not asking you to dye your hair red and call me Mulder, I would simple ask that you could consider the possibility...

Reply 6#6 bala's post

There has been a watcher in every episode ever made of Fringe
http://www.fringebloggers.com/the-observer-files/

He is already wiped from existence except for in Walters mind (who doesn't remember consciously, just subconsciously.  The device was meant to wipe Walter's mind completely of Peter.  And I find it very sad that Walter never leaves the lab.
I am not asking you to dye your hair red and call me Mulder, I would simple ask that you could consider the possibility...

4x02 One Night in October

Interesting, the 2 Olivia's working somewhat together, though they don't like each other, and with Peter having been wiped from existence, it seems the alternative Broyles is still alive, which might mean that though Olivia was kidnapped (she has mentioned it)  she might not have been tortured.   It also seems like Olivia never met the other side Lincoln, because she barely recognized him last episode, so I am wondering if they did the whole memory thing to her or just kept her locked up.  We'll probably never know.

I like the whole, worlds have changed completely without Peter, but I think it is going to be confusing for many and might hurt the ratings.

Reply 9#9 bala's post

If you take one of the multiverse theories, every time someone makes a decision, a new world is split off, so every second thousands if not millions of worlds are created, so if this theory was true, then it would be possible there would be a world where I could be, a world where you are one.

4x03 Alone in the World

It seems like Walter's subconscious is getting stronger and stronger.

Reply 16#16 shinny's post

I am getting the feeling they are going to drag it out for a long time

Reply 18#18 bala's post

It sure is, but who is going to believe him?

Reply 21#21 shinny's post

We will have to see, he knows who he is and who everyone else, but is Olivia or Walter going to believe him?  And the FBI, honestly I see at least 1 whole episode him being locked up... he does have all these secrets.

Reply 24#24 bala's post

According to the typewriter message sent, it works, so guess it is a cure.  Told ya about Peter, they are going to keep him locked up for a while, and he has lost everything, Olivia,Walter, everything

Reply 28#28 bala's post

So true, I really felt for the guy.  Peter saving the day and earning part freedom is nice, but how do you think Walter is going to like him living in the house.  And found a slight error in the house, since it was suppose to be Walter;s but he hadn't lived there since he was released from the mental institution and had spent years in the institution, how come there is a brand new flat screen in it?

4x07 Wallflower

Poor guy, not that I forgive the murders, but he just wanted to be seen.  And poor Peter, the way they are treating him, though it was kind of neat what he did.  Olivia being experimented on and not knowing.

Ugh, it kind of sucks that I invested all the previous seasons on this show, and they just change everything, like saying it was all a dream, didn't happen.

Reply 32#32 bala's post

Ok, I don't know about keeping it fresh, but we will see.

[ Last edited by sanggye at 11-20-2011 11:00 ]

Reply 38#38 bala's post

Well he can kill them off, there are always the alternates, and if Peter is able to get back to his own frame of reference all that happens in these two worlds doesn't matter, which is why Peter doesn't care.

Broyles is a Shapeshifter

Reply 40#40 bala's post

it could have been anytime... This is not the same timeline that every previous season has been.  In Peter's real timeline, this Broyles was killed helping Olivia escape remember.

Reply 42#42 bala's post

The first generation shapeshifters also got the memories of the person whose identity they stole, so I don't see why this form doesn't also.

And what happened to the watcher telling Olivia that she had to die

And it looks like we have another surprise bad guy, though we knew she was experimenting on olivia

[ Last edited by sanggye at 1-21-2012 21:33 ]

Reply 46#46 bala's post

I agree with you Bala, most people would not pay attention, in fact, they would find it offensive.

4x11 Making Angels

I loved that Astrid (both of them) had a deeper storyline in this, it was interesting to finally understand why one is very analytical and emotionless and the other isn't.  It was sweet of the one lying about her father (you can see that it was a lie by the ending) to make the alternate Astrid feel better.

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 2-8-2012 10:57  
I thought the alternate Astrid talked like a robot
That was part of the point, as she was raised with no love or affection, just to be logical, she knew no other way.

Reply 58#58 bala's post

Well i think it is happening with Walter also

Reply 61#61 babysexylexy's post

She didn't lose her memory, When Peter disappeared it changed teh timeline.  It looks like with Peter back, the timeline is merging back to where it was.

23 12
Thread