95 12345
Thread
Printable Version

Underbelly (Nine) General Discussion (Spoilers)

Underbelly (Nine) General Discussion (Spoilers)

Season 1: Underbelly

Underbelly Premiered on Nine on February 13, 2008

Underbelly, the true story of one of the bloodiest crime battles in Australian history, follows the rise and fall of notorious career criminal Carl Williams who sought to be king of Melbourne's underworld. The series, based on the factual book Leadbelly by John Silvester and Andrew Rule, is the compelling dramatisation of Melbourne's infamous gangland killings that started in 1998 with the murder of Alphonse Gangitano.

Season 2: Underbelly - A Tale of Two Cities

Underbelly: A Tale Of Two Cities takes us back to 1976. A generation before Alphonse Gangitano and Carl Williams achieved notoriety, an even bigger crime wave rocked the country. Heroin hit the nation like a tsunami. Drug money flooded the underworld and with the new money came a breed of hard men and beautiful women. Two names stood above all others — blazing across the underworld and changing the face of organised crime in Australia forever — 'Aussie' Bob Trimbole and Terry Clark.

Season 3: Underbelly - The Golden Mile

Underbelly: The Golden Mile is set in Sydney's King Cross in 1988-1999, where bent cops, straight cops, cool criminals and colourful characters all converged to make their mark. But by 1995 the Wood Royal Commission had put the "black empire" under threat of collapse as strong and honest police fought to take back control of the most infamous strip in Australia.

Season 4: Underbelly - Razor

Underbelly: Razor It was the 1920s and Sydney's gutters were running with blood as the underworld exploded in violence. Vice in the harbour city was dominated by two powerful women — Tilly Devine, a sharp-tongued cockney who ran a chain of 40 brothels, and her bitter rival Kate Leigh, an Aussie battler who'd built an empire out of sly grog, thieving and cocaine. But there was only room for one woman at the top. Based on the novel Razor by Larry Writer.

Season 5: Underbelly - Badness

Underbelly: Badness takes place in Sydney from 2001 to 2012 and chronicles the spider-web of criminality spun by Anthony Perish and the quest by a dedicated team of police to bring him and his associates to justice. A feared underworld figure, Perish managed to maintain an almost non-existent public profile, which was only revealed when his connection to the murder of Terry Falconer brought him to the attention of Task Force Tuno, which was formed to find Falconer's killers.

Season 6: Underbelly - Squizzy

Underbelly: Squizzy spans the years 1915 to 1927 and tells the epic story of "Squizzy" Taylor's relentless quest for power, ultimately creating a public persona that made him the first superstar gangster of the 20th Century.

Homepage
Source

Discuss Anything About Underbelly Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 7-28-2013 18:42 ]

Season 1

Who would thought that guy would been able to take over the drug business and you got to feel sorry for the cops that it took them ages to stop them.  .

1x01 The Black Prince

So many familiar face from the Australian shows I watch is great but Susie being pulled up in her pig slippers by the police was amusing and talk about overkill with Alphonse shooting Greg so many times, the sister being put in a caravan for their protection was stupid as it didn't take Alphonse long to pay then to leave the country

I have watch season 1 ,2 and 5.

Season 3 is what i been looking for

Reply 6#6 bala's post

I know season six has just started but I'm going to watch them in order

1x02 The Sorcerer's Apprentice

Jason resisting arrest was stupid as he was surrounded by armed police but being knocked down and hospitalised was well deserved and Alphonse putting Jason in hospital again just shows how bad a temper he has but Jason getting his revenge on Alphonse for screwing his girl

1x03 I Still Pray

Jason being pushed in the water when he thought he was too hard was amusing and Sydney putting his ex wife and child in danger by using her for an alibi was sick as he had just killed two men but her agreeing to testify was bound to get her killed

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 7-28-2013 20:07  
I know season six has just started but I'm going to watch them in order
Well i am picking and choosing because each season contain different story.

Season 1,2,3,5 are the ones i have watched.

I skip season 4 because i don't like era it's set and same goes for season 6.

1x04 Cocksure

It was only a matter of time before Carl was caught double-crossing the Moran brothers and Dino driving the Jaguar stolen from the crime scene after killing the bouncer was stupid

1x05 The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Richard offering his service to Mark was corny as he's a junkie and then getting shot was bound to happen as he kept bad company but his mother asking for a crime scene photo was bizarre, Steve trying to prove Carl was involved in Mark's murder was interesting

1x06 Luv U 4 Eva

What a way to get Carl to pull his head in by shooting up his house while they were inside and then shooting the other driver when they run a stop sign was barbaric and the bouncer pushing the girl to the floor got what they deserved, Dino being the next to turn up dead was going to happen at some time but Benji killing him was a surprise

1x07 Wise Monkeys

Carl's wife running things while he was inside was always going to be risky but coming up against a rival crime boss who is trying to undermine their business could of been fatal and the young lawyer falling for her client was dangerous as he is a convicted killer , Carl's wife seems to have a guardian angel in Benji as when she wishes someone dead he kills them but being seen leaving is going to make his life awkward

1x08 Earning a Crust

Damon would of been better borrowing the money of Roberta than a loan shark but topping himself after they took all his families stuff was sad

1x09 Suffer the Children

Jason returning so soon from his self-imposed exile was dangerous and Steve and Jacqui's police surveillance on Benji was amusing as they were everywhere he was including a blow-job in his car, I cant believe they killed Jason with all the kids in the van

1x10 Scratched

Planting a listening device in the van was a close call but Benji's relationship with Roberta sending the running man after the wrong man could of been fatal and the police having to listen to another murder while not knowing who or where was horrendous

1x11 Barbarians at the Gate

I had a felling the old guy going out for ice-cream was going to die but making it look like Carl was responsible cost Benji his life

1x12 Best Laid Plans

Lawyer Zarah plans for a romantic future being shattered with her lover being killed was predictable as he was offering his service to Carl as a gun for hire

1x13 Team Purana

Carl making death threats on Steve and his girlfriend Susan was bound to happen as Steve has been after him for nine years but his boss Gary dying of what looked like a heart attack was sad and to think their was thirty or so deaths this season make this a violent show

95 12345
Thread