55 123
Thread
Printable Version

Pan Am Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Pan Am Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Pan Am Premieres on ABC on September 25, 2011

Passion, jealousy and espionage... They do it all – and they do it at 30,000 feet. The style of the 1960s, the energy and excitement of the Jet Age and a drama full of sexy entanglements deliciously mesh in this thrilling and highly-original new series.

In this modern world, air travel represents the height of luxury and Pan Am is the biggest name in the business. The planes are glamorous, the pilots are rock stars and the stewardesses are the most desirable women in the world. Not only are these flyboys and girls young and good looking, but to represent Pan Am they also have to be educated, cultured and refined. They're trained to handle everything from in-air emergencies to unwanted advances – all without rumpling their pristine uniforms or mussing their hair. There's Dean (Mike Vogel) – a cocky, charismatic and ambitious new pilot – the first of a new breed not trained in the war. On the sly against company policy, he's dating Bridget, a stunning beauty with a mysterious past. A rebellious bohemian, Maggie (Christina Ricci) turns into a buttoned up professional for work so she can see the world. Rounding out the crew are flirtatious Colette (Karine Vanasse), the adventurous Kate (Kelli Garner) and, finally, Laura (Margot Robbie) – Kate's beauty queen younger sister, a runaway bride, who recently fled a life of domestic boredom to take to the skies.
Homepage

Discuss Anything About Pan Am Here

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 8-2-2011 22:33 ]

Reply 2#2 codebreaker's post

I am to going pass on this

1x01 Pilot

I'm not quite sure of this show at the moment considering it's set in the sixties so it reminds me a little of Mad Men but with the disappearance of Bridget it has potential

Reply 4#4 codebreaker's post

I enjoyed it.  Thought it was great.  Really fit with the time. Love the CIA/MI6 angle.  Good stuff!!

I'm biased though...
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

This has now been added to Realplayer site

1x02 We'll Always Have Paris

Kate and Laura having their mom as a surprise passenger was interesting and Maggie facing the unwanted attentions of an aggressive passenger was unfortunate but i think she got her point across that she wasn't apart of his first class ticket

Reply 7#7 codebreaker's post

What really got me, was that it was "okay" for the guy to paw all over her but not okay for her to defend herself,.  You paw at me now and i'll send your butt to federal prison with something broken.    Loved how she gave the FO (first officer) her opinion at the hotel.  That guy is a jerk.

Reply 8#8 arksongbird80's post

I agree, what a leech. I don't think I would have been able to handle those times. Lets just say I wouldn't have been as restrained. Even in the work place women put up with an awful lot of bs back in those days.

I was glad she made him feel bad. He should have defended her.

Ich Bin Ein Berliner

So this was a great episode.  We finally saw different facets of the charaters.  It wasn't on the plane the whole time and there was excitement.   

Kinda bummed Maggie didn't get to shake Kennedy's hand though.

Reply 10#10 arksongbird80's post

I'm glad we found out what Colette was upset about and dressing Anke as a stewardess was a good idea but Maggie should of been arrested running after Kennedy like that but she looked happy with the wave

1x04 Eastern Exposure

Laura taking the camera made the routine courier mission for Kate turns bad as she struggles to make the drop by the deadline and Ted reflection on his own past was interesting but what his father did was wrong

Reply 14#14 codebreaker's post

I really liked Ted's back story. It's made me like him and I didn't really him all that much before.

One Coin in the Foutain

This was a really slow episode for me.  Her chasing the ring.  The FO getting it back for her.  That was well done of him.  Kinda liking him.  I would love to see more Collette though...

The captain hooking up with the VP's Mistress was funny.  They did a good job laying under the radar!

1x05 One Coin In A Fountain

Maggie going for the attentions of Niko was interesting untill Kate learns the stranger is involved in her next covert mission which makes things more complicated and it's a good job she could play pool but Ginny finding Dean's key was lucky

romance languages

We got some good back ground on maggie.  She's not what she appears.

The captain is going to be in a lot of trouble...

55 123
Thread