Thread
Printable Version

Charlie's Angels (2011) Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

1x04

1X03

Okay this episode was a bit better.  I really wish they would get off all the personal stuff and just solve cases.  THAT would help immensly with the stories.

Loved that Abby was the Gutter angel. She kept doing the remedial stuff.  IT, and sleeping on a lower thread count.  HAHA
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Reply 22#22 arksongbird80's post

Well i don't think that's going to happen but i have say they do work well as a team but Eve seems to get better fight sequences out of all the Angels.

1x03 Bon Voyage, Angels

You would of thought Bosley's ear piece would of been found considering the found the transponder in the watch and after saving Amanda lets hope she don't want to wright a story about the Angels

Angels in Chains

Well the plan didn't go well getting lock up but they managed look like we might have a 4th Angel as back up would great see her join the team ?.

Charlie's Angels' cancelled by ABC

Some classics — even the cheesiest ones — are better left in the past, and Charlie’s Angels, it seems, is no exception: ABC is shutting down production the reboot from Smallville scribes Al Gough and Miles Millar.

A network representative says the show will continue to air on Thursdays, filling the 8 p.m. slot with an unknown number of episodes (four of the show’s eight shot episodes have aired). Last night’s hour showed some ratings growth for the first time, climbing a tenth of a point to 6 million viewers and a 1.3 adults 18-49 rating. But it wasn’t enough to reverse the show’s fate.

Why did the reboot fail? As Ken Tucker said in his review, the series found more of its inspiration from the Angels movies (co-produced by Drew Barrymore, who also had a production hand in this TV remake) than it did from the 1970s TV series featuring the late Farrah Fawcett. So there was lots of Hollywood-style kick-assery, before Minka Kelly, Rachael Taylor and Annie Ilonzeh retreated all kitten-like to the requisite speaker phone to check in with Charlie.

In a column they wrote for EW, Gough and Millar saw it as a plus that Charlie’s Angels was picked up on the same day the series finale of Smallville aired. “We took that as a fortuitous omen,” they wrote. “The truth is, we won’t know if all our creative bets pay off until the show airs. We have our fingers crossed that the angels will be smiling on us.” Not this time.

Source

Reply 27#27 spratt89's post

Well i knew this was going happen

Reply 28#28 bala's post

there are some old tv shows that should not of been remade, this was one of them.

Reply 29#29 spratt89's post

Well the networks are running out of ideas -it does seem like original show like Revenge are better than remakes.

saw this coming.  This show was terrible.
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Reply 31#31 arksongbird80's post

i think anyone who been watching tv show for few years could see this coming.

Reply 26#26 bala's post

Getting into the hole was too easy but not getting out and Samantha Masters was impressive but finding out how Bosley is connected to Charlie was interesting

Angels in Paradise

Well i had feeling that guy faked his death but finding out Abby's father was good background

Reply 34#34 bala's post

Mercer was lucky the photographer became the decoy but finding out who he was was interesting and getting Wyatt back only for him to run to his girlfriend was predictable, Bosley in the lift was amusing

1x06 Black Hat Angels

I was beginning to think the art gallery guy knew nothing with the amount of painting he thought they had ruined but Bosley having his identity compromised was an interesting twist and looks like we haven't seen the last of Oswalt / Zoe

1x07 Royal Angels

Talk about good timing but a couple of seconds after finding the identity of the assassin she is spotted in front of them on the beach which was a little to convenient and Mark's girlfriend being the leak that got his father killed was sad

Reply 38#38 codebreaker's post

Yeah but i knew it turned women and not a male assassin - The amount girl on girl fighting is getting more predictable

1x08 They Are Not Saints

I'm glad Hugo/Josh wasn't a killer after Eve started to get close to him but getting shot brought back his memory which was kind of ironic when his wife and daughter turned up

Thread