45 123
Thread
Printable Version

Charlie's Angels (2011) Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Charlie's Angels (2011) Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Charlie's Angels (2011) Premieres on ABC on September 22, 2011

Everyone deserves a second chance -- even a thief, a street racer and a cop who got in a little too deep. After all, the three women who solve cases for their elusive boss, Charlie Townsend, are no saints. They're angels... Charlie's Angels.

Set in Miami, this fun, glamorous, action-packed take on the 1970s smash hit series introduces us to three new angels, all fearless detectives, head-turning beauties and close friends. There's Abby (Rachael Taylor), a Park Avenue princess who became a world-class thief. Then there's Kate (Annie Ilonzeh), a Miami cop who fell from grace, losing both her career and her fiancé. Finally there's Gloria, a disgraced army lieutenant who has a way with explosives. When one of the angels' missions ends in Gloria's tragic death, Charlie persuades them to partner with Gloria's childhood friend, Eve (Minka Kelly), a street racer with a mysterious past. They may not know each other yet, but one thing's for sure -- Abby, Kate and Eve will always have each others' backs.

Homepage

Discuss Anything About Charlie's Angels (2011) Here

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 8-2-2011 22:32 ]

Reply 2#2 codebreaker's post

I am really looking forward to seeing if they can actually succeed in a Charlie's Angeles Reboot

Reply 3#3 spratt89's post

They have a lot to live up to with the original and the films

Reply 4#4 codebreaker's post

thats true and with that much pressure I would not be surprised if this show fails

Reply 5#5 spratt89's post

Yeah i wouldn't be surprised i remember another show that tried it was called She Spies i found the first episode online it was awful but very amusing.

The only thing I'm against is Charlies Voice....it doesn't fit some how.
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Premier

I was unimpressed.  Killing one of the angels in the first episode just didn't seem to fit.  Why put her in the opening credits and then 10 min later, kill her.  Humph.

Ehh....If I miss it I'm okay, but I will try for a few more epi.

Reply 9#9 arksongbird80's post

I thought the same thing and then hiring her friend to take her place was a little predictable and with them catching Gloria’s killer it was all wrapped up to quickly but the donut in the car to catch him was amusing

Reply 10#10 codebreaker's post

Did you read the article on TV.com about the premier....FUNNY!!!

HERE

Reply 11#11 arksongbird80's post

It is so sad that the Film (both TV & Film) think everything needs to be rebooted.  The Charlie Angel's films were bad enough, but at least they had enough sense to laugh at itself, which made it a better movie.
I am not asking you to dye your hair red and call me Mulder, I would simple ask that you could consider the possibility...

Reply 11#11 arksongbird80's post

I really enjoyed reading that article

Reply 10#10 codebreaker's post

Well i thought it was rather obvious they was kill glory off since in promo we know who the angels are,  it seem pointless but i am guessing that there changed the minds about actress needed a replacement?. I agree with everyone that was an average episode i think this going go same way as knight rider reboot. it won't past 1 season.

1x03

This has now been added to Realplayer site

Reply 16#16 codebreaker's post

I wasn't having warm fuzzy's about this show either.  It's had two episodes and I feel more like it's about the angels than the crimes.  Kates story line was too intense and I didn't feel like I connected with the bad guys or the dead model.

Also, the blond was just "able" to get a modeling job so easily and quickly.  I would have thought it was more complex than that.   The story lines need to be about the crime and leave the personal stuff farther in the back ground.

1x02 Runaway Angels

Kate's ex-fiance, Detective Ray did a lousy job in searching the girls room and missing the money and then to make things worse he missed her body at the second place but at leased he came good in the end

Reply 18#18 codebreaker's post

Well i have say the scam wasn't as bad as i thought it was going to be green card marriage and getting paided that much with no actually physical contact seem good deal.

Reply 19#19 bala's post

It was a great deal it's just a shame he was an assassin

45 123
Thread