Thread
Printable Version

The Secret Circle Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

This is starting on Sky Living on Wednesday so I'm going to catch it then.

Reply 9#9 kellemanske's post

Yeh, we are quite lucky in what we get. Jim has listed a lot of ones that are aired on UK Channels, which we get in Ireland but we tend to get US shows even before the UK channels so we have the best of both and they'll air a day to a couple of days after the US. In saying that there are always ones they don't show and that's why I'm so grateful I found VIPtv years ago!

Reply 15#15 arksongbird80's post

And Ireland

1x03 Loner

Delighted the show has been added here now as I wanted to watch the other episodes immediately. This was another strong episode. Cassie has now become more part of the group as she realises they are safer together after what happened.

It was interesting to see that Diana sees what is going on between Cassie and Adam. I feel like it's more a case of keep your friends close but your enemies closer with Diana wanting to be friends with Cassie. She feels like Adam is slipping away and by making Cassie a close friend, she knows that will make it harder for Cassie to betray her. Smart really. But we all know it's only going to be a matter of time. After all, they are destined to be together !!

Good to see that Faye has a "nice" side sticking up for Melissa like that. Although I think Nick (played by Louis Hunter) is totally mis-cast. He's the only weak link I can see in this show so far.

[ Last edited by shinny at 10-1-2011 13:36 ]

Reply 17#17 arksongbird80's post

Haha, no problem

The Secret Circle gets full Season Pickup

I think Jake is torn because he's a witch himself and he didn't count on being drawn to Cassie, but obviously the whole Family revenge thing is why he's doing this. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

Well done for the producers/casting team realising they needed a stronger actor and getting rid of Nick. Jake is definitely the better choice!!

I hope Cassie's grandmother comes back from her "retreat" normal. I kinda liked her before they messed with her memory and now I don't really see the point of her.

I thought that Diane's grandmother said she had to bring her to the point of death to see how powerful she was. I don't think she actually wanted to kill her, although, she would of course have let her die had her power not been strong enough. She was testing her to see if Cassie's magic could be used in the balance of good v's evil.

I actually quite liked this episode, for a change.

We found out that Cassie's father is most likely still alive so I'm sure he'll be making an appearance soon.

We also know that Ethan (Adam's Dad) was on the boat that night when they all died. So he's lied about that.

We found out that the witch hunters started the fire and not anyone else (when they tried to burn Cassie's Dad alive) and we found out how he saved himself with the piece of jewellery that he dropped down the drain and Cassie now has. I think he dropped it down there on purpose because he knew Cassie would need it in the future.

So, for me, quite a lot went on in this episode.

Ah I'm so disappointed with the CW's decision to cancel it. Are there any other networks interested or is it a lost cause? Such a shame, what a great finale too.

Thread