Thread
Printable Version

Panic At Rock Island (Nine) New Australian telemovie

Panic At Rock Island (Nine) New Australian telemovie

Panic At Rock Island Premiered on Nine on July 31, 2011

Grant Bowler, of True Blood and Ugly Betty, has returned to Australia to co-star with Vince Colosimo in the Nine Network’s new telemovie Panic at Rock Island.

The telemovie also stars Damian Walshe-Holwing (Underbelly), Jessica Tovey (Home and Away, Underbelly: The Golden Mile), Dee Smart (Water Rats), Simone Kessell (Underbelly: A Tale of Two Cities, Frost/Nixon) and Anna Hutchinson (Underbelly: A Tale of Two Cities).

Panic at Rock Island, from the producers and director of last year’s top-rating disaster telemovie, Scorched, will also include performances by Australian rock bands You Am I and Spiderbait.

Panic at Rock Island is set on an island in spectacular Sydney Harbour. Under the hot summer sun, a lineup of top acts play for music fans from around the world. It’s all idyllic until unimaginable disaster strikes when a deadly virus is discovered on the island. Its symptoms are shocking and it brings swift and painful death.

Director Tony Tilse, whose work includes Underbelly, Scorched, Lockie Leonard and A Model Daughter: The Killing of Caroline Byrne, is also the producer, along with Rosemary Blight from leading Australia production company Goalpost Pictures Australia.

Blight has produced several films and television dramas including Clubland, Small Claims, Stepfather of the Bride and Love is a Four Letter Word. She was also executive producer of the Cannes Film Festival sensation, The Tree.

In a first for an Australian television telemovie, the co-financing partner is NBC Universal who have acquired the world pay-TV rights.

Jo Horsburgh, Head of Nine Drama, said: “It’s a pleasure to be working with Rosemary Blight and Tony Tilse again, as producers, and in Tony’s case, also director. They bring great passion and excitement to the process. Panic is an ambitious, star-studded, rollicking telemovie set to entertain and thrill the audience.”

Rosemary Blight said: “Panic at Rock Island is high-concept, thrilling television drama and we are delighted to have drawn together such an all-star cast, music talent and production team, with the tremendous support of Channel Nine and our other international partners.”

Homepage

Discuss Anything About Panic At Rock Island Here

Reply 1#1 codebreaker's post

We really need define what type of topics to post since this is a television movie not a series?.

Reply 2#2 bala's post

I just noticed your strange comment, i thought this was the free forum but i suppose Angry Bird and Twitter are more appropriate and at leased mine is TV related

Reply 3#3 codebreaker's post

Sorry your right this is free fourm where we can post what we like but sometime i feel topics only me and you will end up posting on this as it's unlikely other member would watch it unlike angry birds and twitter which are popular. maybe i choose wrong set of words

Reply 4#4 bala's post

Now I want to make you a little cop hat with the words topic police on it but I'm just to sleepy to be bothered.

I found this tele movie very average but the very last scene did make me lol but I have a weird sense of humor.
I suppose if you like aussie television it would be ok but since I am subjected to it by living here it usually just makes me want to gouge my eyes out with a spoon. The only to aussie shows I can think of that I somewhat liked were Murder Call and Water Rats
Irony. Yummy and delicious like cake.

Reply 5#5 woothdye's post

look like i was wrong

I though i would save you the trouble

Reply 7#7 codebreaker's post

i would perfer it in red

Reply 8#8 bala's post

Reply 7#7 codebreaker's post

That is just too funny
Irony. Yummy and delicious like cake.

It's a good job the girl told them about the guy alive in the tunnel but her not getting sick made it obvious she had a natural immunity to the virus but just when you thought it was safe they show one last victim

Reply 11#11 codebreaker's post

Finally got to watching this and i can't believe it took people so long to realise it was deadly virus if i came across that situation i would think it was virus mind you with things i watch i tend more cautious but those people really didn't like being quarantine but that guy almost escape and getting shot made it obvious this was serious.

I get why the last scene was amusing because she was annoying character it was obvious she contracted it but i am surprised they didn't check all people on the island before letting them leave?

Thread