Thread
Printable Version

Streamling Help and FAQ's Threads

Streamling Help and FAQ's Threads

In the interests of tidying up the forum I would like to make a couple of suggestions 1. Removal and amalgamation some of the threads. *The Flash Player Trouble Shooting / Helpful Tips Thread, VIP Help!!~ Real Player and the Suggestions That May Help Your Viewing Experience could all be put in one thread. You may have to use the first 2 posts of the thread to fit it in but viewing troubleshooting and tips would all be in one place. You could name it for example "Viewing Help, Tips and Troubleshooting (Flash & Real Player.)" *The threads about the forum could be combined. How to use this forum: A complete guide!, Helpful Forum Explanation and the information in the thread Can someone explain the medals and status? could all be put in one thread called "How to use this forum & other helpful information." *The "How to Become a VIP Member - (Donations, Points, & More)" thread is posted twice 2. Color code the sticky threads As for the color coding I would use red for thing that need attention like rules, error reporting and announcements, green for help and forum/site information threads, black for general information like show air schedule and new shows added, blue for points lost and treasure conversion, Orange for feedback threads like the suggestion thread. Did I mention I was bored?
Irony. Yummy and delicious like cake.

Reply 1#1 woothdye's post

We appreciate your interest and suggestions. Since it is not a certainty that we will be keeping the RP site that would make things more difficult in the long run for us moderators. Colour coding is not a bad idea, but everyone's choice (including admin's) is a personal one. That has been attempted in the past, but did not prove to make things more efficient as things still get lost amidst the threads & people will still post questions already addressed. As for *The "How to Become a VIP Member - (Donations, Points, & More)" thread being posted twice, the 2nd one was an updated version and the first was unstuck. Suggestions are appreciated but not everyone is going to be happy with how we do things here.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 2#2 waterlilybarb's post

It really wouldn't make it more difficult as it would be as simple to cut one section out of the post and take real player out of the title if or when it goes which would take all of 30 second to do. Alternatively you could move that thread and archive it in the moderators forum and cut and paste the bits you need this would only take minutes to do. If it was done right though you should only have to do the former. I just think that the current system is like having magic mirrors inside maze in a funhouse. It's jumbled and misleading and you aren't sure where you are without having to really search for it but, it is a maze right? To re-structure the information and help threads may take a little time(30min-1h) but in the long run it would save everyone else time including the moderators themselves. Having administrated and moderated forums before I know what a big difference ease of use and visibility of information can make. I just thought I would give you guys some helpful suggestions based on my experience to make your jobs a moderators an easier one, what you do with that is up to you. I really just don't grasp the logic in downsizing and reorganizing the discussion section yet leaving the most important sections to do with help/troubleshooting to the reason of the site a mess. To me it's just counterproductive and makes the moderators mostly thankless job that much harder.

Quote:
Did I mention I was bored?
if you need show suggestion i give you some

Reply 4#4 bala's post

At the time I needed to go to bed but I couldn't sleep so watching a show would have just kept me up even longer but thank you for the offer Bala

Reply 5#5 woothdye's post

it's morning here starting on todays shows i might even time watch X-men:first class movie even through people mention it has error first 10 minutes in german without any subtitles .

Reply 6#6 bala's post

Yeah I've been thinking I might do that as well. They also said the sound was off in the second half a little

Reply 7#7 woothdye's post

Well i read mods saying it's still watchable on the fourms.

Reply 1#1 woothdye's post

Hi, we thank you for your suggestions, and as Barb stated we may not keep the Real Player site (so for now it doesn't make sense), it is undecided at this point. As far as combining the threads, the "VIP HELP- Real Player" (which was originally called VIP HELP-Real Player Quick Tips & Fixes) and the "Real Player Troubleshooting Guide", deal with separate Real player issues. The latter pertains to issues with Real Player itself, the former pertains to Real Player quick fixes for issues & error messages that come up when watching on VIPTV. It was meant to be quick fixes that members could easily find before having to go into real players preferences or calling your internet provider (which is what the Real Player troubleshooting thread covers). Maybe combining them is a good idea, but I wouldn't throw Flash player in there, Flash is a separate player and I wouldn't want members to use Real Player fixes for their Flash player. "How to Use This Forum-a Complete Guide", is one thread where you can go and find an explanation for all the major threads/boards and click on them without having to go through each board, it has had some out of date threads, but I've slowly been cleaning out the old and adding the new."Helpful Forum Explanation" is a diagram that explains a members personal menu, really the two are not related. We are just trying to make it as easy as possible for our members to find the help they need, I'm sure streamlining would neaten things up a bit, but having threads that are easy to identify for newcomers is also important. I'm not saying that there may be a more efficient way, but we do the best we can, to be as helpful as we can. Thank you for your thoughts, we welcome suggestions & you do have some good ideas, some of them we've tried and they haven't panned out. But it's always nice to have another point of view, thank you again. [ Last edited by gypsiegirl66 at 7-21-2011 05:36 ]

Thread