25 12
Thread
Printable Version

Show genres on the board

Show genres on the board

I was wondering who places the shows in what genres. I look through the list of Drama and Adventure Shows shows and see many scifi and fantasy shows listed there. As a fan of scifi and fantasy, I find this classification hurts or then there should be no classification fo any sco/fantasy shows and they all should be listed under drama or action adventure. examples are Game of Thrones, No Ordinary Family, Being Human, Caprica, Merlin, The Gates, The Dead Zone, Vampire Diaries, Knight Rider, Legend of The Seeker, Haven, V, and Warehouse 13 are some that are either scifi and /or fantasy. I am classifying supernatural as fantasy, because it is just as fantastical to have vampires as it is to have wizards. In the genres definition fantasy is anything that is not possible in the real, scientific world. And Buffy is listed under SciFi/Fantasy
I am not asking you to dye your hair red and call me Mulder, I would simple ask that you could consider the possibility...

Reply 1#1 sanggye's post

Well nice point but it's admin who decided where to put them.

Reply 1#1 sanggye's post

I've noticed that too. Many of the shows are listed under Drama, and I just don't see that as their Main point. Someone should go through and reevaluate where some shows should go. It will be easier to find that way.
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Reply 3#3 arksongbird80's post

Right now they sort out new shows added on the flash site

Reply 1#1 sanggye's post

Currently some of the shows are listed under multiple genres. Some are not in the right genre section. Admin has been made aware of some of the discrepancies. That's all we can do for now. I don't think it's high on the list of priorities, since there are other more pressing issues that need to be addressed first.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

well of course. But we have to have something to talk about on here when we've discussed all the shows of the week. hehe

Reply 5#5 waterlilybarb's post

Oh, I wasn't really thinking it would be fixed, was just curious at this is also happening in books, because SciFi/Fantasy has such a bad stigma, new authors or authors crossing genres are trying to get the books labeled as general fiction instead of in the genre.
I am not asking you to dye your hair red and call me Mulder, I would simple ask that you could consider the possibility...

Quote:
Originally posted by arksongbird80 at 7-14-2011 15:57 well of course. But we have to have something to talk about on here when we've discussed all the shows of the week. hehe
You hit the nail right on the head

Reply 8#8 sanggye's post

I do that sometiimes..... It's a gift!

Reply 9#9 arksongbird80's post

Well i always run out things to talk about on here if it wasn't for Jim to introduce me new shows i have no clue about i would be bored. You guys are great to come on here and spend your precious free time discussing these shows. it's like a small book club except we have no fixed time of day .

Reply 10#10 bala's post

It's nice to share my thoughts with others who are as "enthusiastic" about watching different stories as I am. Most people it's one or two, but on here, It's almost unlimited. SOMEONE somewhere will watch the same thing I do. It really is a perk. Thank you for including me for the last couple years.

Reply 11#11 arksongbird80's post

I agree, I like discussing tv shows, and most of my friends really don't, so it's nice to have others to talk about the shows.

i think this place needs to redesigned after all other errors are fixed. It's rather complicated for new user navigate. I manage because i am on here daily so i used to it but i sometimes look for fourms and takes me a few minutes like it took almost 3 minutes to find royal pain fourm few days ago.

Reply 13#13 bala's post

Alot of times I don't write on a forum because I can't find it. I won't put 3-4 min into looking for it. If I can't find it in the first couple sweeps, then forget it.

Reply 14#14 arksongbird80's post

Quickest way use the search function you can't do more than 1 search every 30 seconds.

Reply 15#15 bala's post

Some times the search is rubbish i know something is out there but the search can't find it which is frustrating

Reply 16#16 codebreaker's post

I know what you mean but because most tv show on here have a discussion topic you can simple search by title .

Reply 17#17 bala's post

Find Valentine i know we have discussed it and I've seen the about and guide in the challenge but the search brings up three thing but none of them

Reply 17#17 bala's post

Demons is exactly the same

Reply 19#19 codebreaker's post

Well both of those show have ended it doesn't really bother me much. i am more interested in current shows. you need to remember when IBJ did fourm downsizing this created a mess with some those shows. We don't even know if downsizing has finished or whether it's still a work in progress. On top of that they need to create new forums all 20 + new shows added this month which is going really make forum a little more difficult to navigate. we will just managed like we done so far. This place grown a lot in 4 years and it's going keep growing and we will just figure it out how navigate . it's sad to think people want to comment on show but can't be asked for find the correct fourm

25 12
Thread