Thread
Printable Version

Alphas Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Catch And Release

Good episode but having Summer Glau guest star will always make popular choice with sci-fi fan but i wished she would of joined the team and Gary mother knowing what he does was a surprise i love Gary stood up to her. Her daughter was nice twist to story-lines

Reply 61#61 bala's post

I really enjoyed this.  With Summer the plot twist, Gary and his $800 cab ride and the teams dynamic it was a great blend.  Summer being a full time character would have been fabulous!  She really needs to get back on TV perminately.
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Reply 62#62 arksongbird80's post

i am guessing they can't afford her because she is in demand

Reply 63#63 bala's post

Enjoyed this, love seeing Summer, but I don't think having her as a regular would work, for one thing her power is too powerful.
I am not asking you to dye your hair red and call me Mulder, I would simple ask that you could consider the possibility...

Reply 63#63 bala's post

How is she in demand?  I last saw her in the Cape...

Reply 65#65 arksongbird80's post

Well i am sure she get lot of offers but it's up to her to take them.

Reply 61#61 bala's post

I'm glad they helped Summer and her daughter to get away and destroying the coolest gadget she ever built was great

A Short Time In Paradise

This was the first awful episode of Alpha only thing significant was the doctor shooting that guy who deserved it.

Reply 68#68 bala's post

agreed!  

Reply 69#69 arksongbird80's post

Well we know every season of sci-fi show has at least one bad episode

Reply 70#70 bala's post

What was wrong with it?  It was alright, I kind of liked that they all got sucked in in by the light.
I am not asking you to dye your hair red and call me Mulder, I would simple ask that you could consider the possibility...

Reply 71#71 sanggye's post

If you have to ask than you don't share our opinion which is fine i think the thing was all previous episode were good and in this episode cameron decides to go to an AA meeting and find an Alpha at least with the previous episodes those Alpha were more impressive it just felt like it was lazy attempt at an episode. Do you really consider that a power?.

Reply 72#72 bala's post

If he wasn't a religious fanatic, can you imagine what he could have done? he made them all basically happy little zombies, following his every command and loving it, even to the point of betraying friends, willing to burn to death.  If he was truly evil and used it to attack people, rob banks and other criminal acts, then you would have liked it.

1x08 A Short Time In Paradise

Rachel asking Gary to be her date at the family event was amusing and getting her father to seek medical advice was hard work but asking her to check the mole was funny

Exclusive: Syfy Renews Alphas for Season 2

Alphas‘ Nina just may have gotten the ear of a Syfy bigwig, because the network has renewed the successful sci-fi series for Season 2, TVLine has learned exclusively.

“Alphas’ smart, innovative approach to a superhero franchise has clearly caught on with our audience,” Mark Stern, Syfy’s president of original content, says of the pick-up. “From the first-rate writing to the outstanding cast lead by David Strathairn, we’re very proud of what was achieved in its first season and look forward to seeing this series fulfill even more of its creative potential in a second season.” Thirteen episodes have been ordered for Season 2, to air in 2012.

Alphas stars Strathairn (an Academy Award nominee for Good Night, and Good Luck) as Dr. Lee Rosen, a neuroscientist/quasi-therapist who oversees a collection of “alphas” with unique abilities. Among them: Warren Christie (October Road, pictured above) plays Cameron, who boasts superhuman agility; Malik Yoba (New York Undercover) is strongman Bill; Laura Mennell (Watchmen) is Nina, a beauty possessing the power of suggestion; Ryan Cartwright (Bones) plays, young man living with autism who can “see” airborne data streams; and Azita Ghanizada (Castle) is Rachel, a gal who can super-amplify any one of her senses.

Season 1 guest stars included Lindsay Wagner (The Bionic Woman), Alaina Huffman (Stargate Universe), John Pyper-Ferguson (Battlestar Galactica), Summer Glau (Firefly), Garret Dillahunt (Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles), Rebecca Mader (Lost)  and Brent Spiner (Star Trek: The Next Generation).

After giving Syfy its most-watched scripted premiere in two years with its July debut, Alphas has averaged 3.3 million weekly viewers (with Live+7 DVR data factored in).

Source

Reply 75#75 spratt89's post

great news

Blind Spot

Well this was good episode two alphas for the price of 1 . Nice guest stars as well.

Reply 77#77 bala's post

this one totally made up for the past lame episode.

Who was the chick gues star??

Rachel was the hero of the day and Gary saying he would duck and cover, protect and cover.  FUNNY

Reply 77#77 bala's post

Good episode, Gary using the camera across the road was interesting and Rachel finding another use for a laptop was great

Reply 78#78 arksongbird80's post

The guest star was Rebecca Mader and some of the things Gary says are amusing

Thread