Thread
Printable Version

The Voice General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 5#5 shinny's post

I watched it on TV and loved it.  I really enjoyed the entire premise, and the fact that they didn't set an age limit on talent.  It was fun and entertaining, and even the artists that didn't win got to make a lot of connections and be exposed to a whole new batch of fans.  I like AI alright - though this was the 1st season I'd watched fully in a few years, but this was more fun.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 9#9 codebreaker's post

I liked that Jermaine went with the unexpected choice.  I also like that Blake isn't just interested in country artists, but good ones.  I'm enjoying this season so far, which is nice, as 2nd seasons aren't always as good since you kind of know what to expect.  With this show though, I like to listen rather than watch, so I can gauge the voices too, and I love that the talent pool is so rich.

Reply 52#52 codebreaker's post

I think Blake should have picked MarissaAnn over Julio.  She really nailed it, and I thought she did a better performance than Julio.  I think even Julio was surprised that Blake picked him.  Other than that, I agree with most of the choices the judges made.  Some were so tight that they could have gone either way, so it was just a matter of personal preference.  

Reply 84#84 codebreaker's post

I agree.  They have some amazing talent this season.  It was hard to lose any.  

I'm finding the coaching styles of Usher & Shakira interesting.  I hope the others will pick up some new tricks as they see what they're doing.  I especially like the physical aspect of performing that Usher is focusing on, and the need to be fit to be able to have good breath control when singing.  

Reply 86#86 codebreaker's post

Yes it was.   

Reply 97#97 codebreaker's post

I really loved when all 5 sang together.  I am SO happy Michelle made it to the finals, but personally think Sasha did better performances than The Swon Brothers this week.  I think all are very talented though, and because country music is still very popular in the US, it didn't surprise me that they made the finals.  Danielle was pretty much a given - the kid has an amazing gift.

I was also thrilled to hear both Nicholas' and Terry's new songs.  I'll probably buy Nick's EP, and also some of the songs from Terry's album, when it's complete.  I really love both of their voices, and the style of music each sings, but my taste in music is quite varied.

Reply 108#108 codebreaker's post

I just happened to notice you posted today.  I don't know how, but I missed that it was on last night (especially because I specifically looked for it), and my DVR didn't record it, so I just got to watch it now.  The only thing I didn't like was that we didn't get to see all the duos perform.  There were a couple I remember from the blinds that I would have liked to here them in the battle round.

Reply 128#128 codebreaker's post

I was SO pleased that she won!  Plus, her genuine excitement of getting to sing with Celine Dion was great.  Great season!

Reply 165#165 codebreaker's post

They actually just started a new season last night.  I really like the show, but kind of wish they'd space out their seasons a little more.  That being said, I did enjoy last season a lot, and was pleased with most of the results.  I'm sure it will be the same this time around, but with American Idol just getting going too, it feels a bit oversaturated.

Thread