45 123
Thread
Printable Version

Combat Hospital Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Combat Hospital Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Combat Hospital Premiered on ABC on June 21, 2011

Follow the frantic lives of a military hospital's resident doctors and nurses as they navigate the relentless life-and-death battles on the operating table, and the never-ending conflicts that arise from working in a war zone of Southern Afghanistan.

Modelled after the real Canadian-lead NATO Role 3 Hospital, the set is a meticulous re-creation of a portion of the hospital compound and the vast Kandahar Airfield, including the helicopter landing zone, boardwalk area and barracks, which housed over 15,000 military and civilian personnel.

A Role 3 Medical Unit is the highest level of care available in Kandahar, with facilities for emergency surgery and intensive care. The Role 3 hospital is improvised quarters: a jumble of tents, temporary buildings made of plywood and duct tape, even repurposed shipping containers that line the unit as its protective outer walls. Within these walls an international team of doctors, nurses and medics deliver the best battlefield surgical care anywhere to wounded soldiers, civilians caught in the crossfire, even the enemy.

Helming the hospital on behalf of the Canadian Forces is Colonel Xavier Marks (Elias Koteas), a career military surgeon and Head of the Role 3 Multinational Medical Unit. New Role 3 recruits include Major Rebecca Gordon (Michelle Borth), a top-of-her-class trauma surgeon who is eager to impress, along with Captain Bobby Trang (Terry Chen), who is thrown into the deep end as a Trauma Team Leader upon his arrival to the unit. The only non-military medical staffer is the brilliant British neurosurgeon Dr. Simon Hill (Luke Mably), leaving the others to wonder why he volunteered to work in a war zone. Overseeing the mental well being of the troops on their tour of duty is the Australian psychiatrist Major Grace Pederson (Deborah Kara Unger). And as every doctor knows - they are nothing without their nurses: Chief of Nursing, Commander Will Royal (Arnold Pinnock), a registered nurse serving with the Canadian Forces, won't let them forget this universal truth.
Homepage

Discuss Anything About Combat Hospital Here

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 6-22-2011 22:59 ]

1x01 Welcome to Kandahar

What a difference between Rebecca and Bobby first assignment with Bobby struggling and Rebecca crossing the line but the turnaround for Bobby on his second case was impressive and the snake was amusing

Reply 4#4 codebreaker's post

The difference between the two is that she has experience in trauma and he hasn't. But I think he did well for his first time especially seeing the circumstances. And that second case was great. But wow, what a way to begin a new job. And when they showed the guy's injury during the bombing, you just knew he had internal bleeding and wasn't going to make it. But the snake was funny and I actually like the boss. But the girl is a bit cocky trying to tell everyone how good she is. Still, I like her and I think it will approve when she's there for a while.

Reply 4#4 codebreaker's post

Well which do you like better off the map or this but i have say this seems more action packed than off the map and i can understand why they choose this over renewing off the map let hope it last and it's a good thing she not pregnant and the maintenance guy laughing at snake in the operating but loved the line 'bring the snake'. . That one way to start your first day .

Reply 6#6 bala's post

This reminds me of M*A*S*H if you remember with Hawkeye and Radar
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068098/

Reply 7#7 codebreaker's post

a bit before my time

Reply 6#6 bala's post

If they don't go to melodrama, I think this is better then off the map. This is going to bit more action, more bloody wounds and hopefully very good :-). And it looks like we are going to get a great groupsdynamic. + I love the civilian doc, looking at the female doc while talking to the male one, prescribing sex to get to sleep, ... I love his spontinality.

1x02 Enemy Within

Another good episode, that was a bad infection they got in the hospital and the American Special Forces guy was amusing and being forced to do surgery in the dining hall was their only option

I love that guy and I think he fits very well with Rebecca but she also has a lot of chemistry with Simon, and although he's a bit cocky and he sleeps around, I do like him. He has something about  him.

Reply 10#10 codebreaker's post

I like how they were able find out what it was by getting a guy smell the infection that first time i seen someone diagnose an infection by smelling it .

This has now been added to Realplayer site

1x03 It's My Party

Amusing start with the spider and the guard asking if it was armed was funny and surgery on the laptop was amusing and tragic that Rebecca was told to stop because it would drain their blood bank

Reply 14#14 codebreaker's post

The stone soup analogy was great

Reply 15#15 bala's post

Yes that was a nice story and it was nice of her to ask the guy to leave when the tears were in her eyes

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 7-8-2011 18:53 ]

Wrong Place at Wrong Time

What a bad time to go away from the hospital but i love how his boss punished him with his expensive vodka bottles

Reply 17#17 bala's post

What a time for Simon to hitch a ride to the farm he bought but the punishment was amusing and the sleep deprived lieutenant looked wired from the start but nice work in getting the Com's link to the sat phone was great

Hells Bells

Well that was one hell of romantic couple getting married before the surgery but guy willing marry that women regardless of whether she can have children was fantastic and what a great gift giving away her old wedding ring as a wedding present.

Reply 19#19 bala's post

I had a feeling that something would happen to the soldier with the mole after striking a deal to be with his boys and what they did to find the bride and get her back with the groom was great, Rebecca giving her so called cursed ring was a great gesture

45 123
Thread