34 12
Thread
Printable Version

True Blood - Season 4-7 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Shaping up for a great finale!

Reply 118#118 gabsimom's post

Oh yes he is !! lol

I feel like it was a little all over the place but still a good Finale.

Jesus will be popping in and out to say Hello to Lafayette as he's a medium so he's not really gone !! Tara is definitely not gone. She'll either get turned (which will be her nightmare!) or a certain other fairy (for those who read the books) might show up now! That was some scene though with Tara getting her brains, literally, blown out!

Ah I love me some Scott Foley so I hope he'll be around a lot next season. I wonder what Terry has done that's so bad from his past. It must be bad if Rene thinks it's bad ROFL!!

Hmm, so how will Alcide take to knowing that Sookie killed his ex girl?? We'll just have to see.

Signs point to Russell coming back and Rev Steve is a Vamp, lol. I wonder will he be the AVL's replacement for NAN !

A+ to the research department for that spot on pronunciation of Samhain !! Can you feel the sarcasm jumping off the page?? It's very difficult to hear your native language butchered like that!

Literally Samhain itself is the Irish word for November.

It is also the name of a pagan festival celebrating the end of the summer and the night before Samhain (or November 1st) was Oíche Shamhna (Halloween, 31st of October) there were celebrations to mark the end of summer and honour the dead.
The Christian festival of All Souls Day, on 1st November, has its roots in Samhain. When Ireland became a Christian country the Church linked Samhain to All Souls Day which is celebrated on the 1st of November.

It's pronounced sow-in (sow as in a pig not as in sow a seed)

I think Hoyt was very bitter about Jess but when it came down to the crux of it all, he'd never harm her. I didn't think he would.

I thought Sam as the shifter girl was so funny. He played that part well. I believed he was female, haha!

I'm quite enjoying this season, more than I thought I would.

Reply 23#23 bala's post

Basically Sookie's ancestor sold her to Warlow as she is the first Fae bearing female (as in she can have more fairies) in their family. So he owns her.

I thought it was a bit stupid though because surely he'd have already come for her.

5x12 Save Yourself (Season 5 Finale)

Hmm, not sure how I felt about that as a Finale. Anti-climax is what comes to mind. Really, if it was that easy to kill Russell, wouldn't he be dead by now?

As for Bill becoming the chosen one....puuullleeaassee!

True Blood - Season 6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discuss Season 6 here....

6x01 - Who Are You, Really?

I thought this was a good opening episode. I really wanted to smack Jason in this episode though. How obvious was it that guy was Warlo?!!  Looks like Bill isn't in control of himself!

Reply 22#22 arksongbird80's post

He's out for revenge alright!!

No, I'd say Warlo is just very weak but he'll be alive.

I watched the Finale when it aired but only getting a chance to comment now. I agree Bala, that Warlow/Grandpa thing was convenient and rushed. It was like someone said "eh, we only have 1 episode left not 3 so let's jam pack it all in" - It actually annoyed me. I think it was stupid how Warlow went from being Mr Nice to an arse!

And Eric burning up was just too stupid ! I think I'm probably done with this show now. They should have just ended it this season. I can hear the sound of season 7 been dragged from a 100 yards away!

True Blood - Season 7 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discuss Season 7 (Finale Season) here......

Worst Finale ever. Very disappointed in the ending. A complete cop out to be honest. Knew it would end like this after Alan Ball left.

Reply 12#12 bala's post

Disney ending, that is perfect description for it!!

34 12
Thread