34 12
Thread
Printable Version

True Blood - Season 4-7 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

True Blood - Season 4-7 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discuss Anything About Seasons 4-7 here

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-4-2015 12:08 ]

I was a little be disappointed in this opener. I loved the first 10 minutes or so with the fey, but after that it got a bit Meh. I think it was obvious Eric had bought the house when he said he never stopped believing that she was ok.

Andy is hooked on V? Weak. I liked original Andy and I think they need to go back to that. Tara is a lesbian cage fighter, please. They just can't make that girl interesting, no matter what they do.

The baby has got to be evil. I did love that scene where he had pulled off all the heads!!

Bill is the King, just isn't plausible in my mind. It's just written to have tension between Eric and Bill.

Can't believe they moved so far away from the book with Sookie's grandfather. Hmm, not sure that was wise.

Anyway, we'll see what the next episode brings. Hopefully more Eric/Sookie time!

Reply 10#10 gabsimom's post

Ah good catch Tina, I need to re-read the books. Has been too long! I hope they do introduce him then!! Bit weird to introduce a Grand Father though and I like Gary Cole as an actor, shame he was just passing through!

Much much better episode. I totally agree Tina, they should have had a double episode start. It would have made more sense.

Hmm, Sam's new lady. I don't think she's evil, but something is not right there.

Great to see more of Pam and Jessica. I guess Hoyt and Jessica are going through some adjustment problems!

Reply 29#29 codebreaker's post

Awh, but she wasn't really Sookie's fairy godmother. She was one of the bad ones from the Fae world that Sookie saw a glimpse of in Tara. So really, he helped Sookie (unknowingly!!)

Loved this episode. I think it's shaping up to be a good season!

@ Tina yeh, Snooki was hilarious!!

Alex is a great actor. We are seeing another side of him that's very believable with this story line.

Reply 33#33 gabsimom's post

Like just in general? It's been so long I can't remember specifics but I just remember not liking him at all!

Reply 35#35 gabsimom's post

Why can't all the scenes just be with Eric?? Although, I liked Bill more this episode. Not really sure why, but I did!

Honestly, the minute Tommy comes on I start flicking to my facebook page or something. I've no interest in him or that storyline.

Pam better be fixable, that's all I'm saying! Crazy dead witch woman.

Ok so I'm gonna stick my neck out and say Baby is not evil and someone is actually messing with them. I might be wrong, but there I've stated my claim now!

Reply 42#42 woothdye's post

I wouldn't haven't agreed normally but because the show has gone more supernatural lately, could very well be.

I'm leaning more towards it being a living family member of Rene or something like that and we'll find out about them later. Now, just to say, this is pure speculation on my part.

Reply 45#45 codebreaker's post

I think he let his heart rule his head this time.

Me and The Devil

Ha! I knew the Eric / Godric thing with Sookie was going to be a dream. Eric was funny though  "I had a nightmare" and sweet...He was missing Godric.

Bill did the right thing glamouring Portia. That had way too much of an eww factor!

Pam's face - eek!

What's going on with Lafayette's hair, lol. It changes every week. The "exorcisim" was different, but clearly not effective.

We got to see more of the Ghost Witch's back story and why she hates Vampires.

Lol at Jason's dream. Didn't quite go to plan!!

Eric and Sookie....at last but damn it now Bill knows where Eric is and that Sookie lied to him!!

Oh and seeya later alligator !!

[ Last edited by shinny at 7-25-2011 15:49 ]

Reply 55#55 codebreaker's post

Hmm I don't agree actually that it was wrong. When you are in that position your survival instincts kick in and he reacted, almost like an animal though (as they can be!!) so I think it wasn't so bad. In fairness, I thought he barely hit his mother and then she was dead too !!

Bit late getting around to this.

Overall I really liked the episode, hell I'm even starting to like Bill more!

Could have done without the Tommy scenes in general. Just couldn't be bothered with his storyline whatsoever. Sam's gonna kill him though!!

So who's the lady who appeared to "evil" baby? (I'm gonna have to think of a different name because I don't think "evil" baby is evil Perhaps alleged evil baby!?)

I was a bit disappointed with the end scene too but I think the reason was it looked awkward! I dunno, just didn't buy it. I think they could have done better there considering how much the fans have wanted it!

Jessica and Jason, that's going to be a great storyline!

Hmm, I dunno Bala probably the same reason why all men think all women want them to change (by the way, switch on your sarcasm radar )

Wow, fantastic episode. I was expecting this to be better as Alexander Woo has written some good episodes in the past. Alan Ball should lean more on Alexander!!

Did Jason shoot the gaurd outside or did he get shot? All we heard was the shot before it went back to Jessica opening the door. I'm guessing Jason shot him to save Jessica!

Plus we finally got some real chemistry between Eric and Sookie!

[ Last edited by shinny at 8-8-2011 16:47 ]

Reply 85#85 bala's post

I think arksongbird's point is that usually mediums are mediums from a young age, you don't suddenly become one. Well, not unless it's True Blood

Arksongbird, I think we've seen hints of it with him throughout the show though. Even when he was on V he experienced some funny stuff. I think he was blocking it out.

Spellbound

Another strong episode. Although I think Ball is pouring on the sweetness with Eric and Sookie way too much so we want bad Eric back!!

We got to see Ghost lady's back story and now she's in Lafayette!

I wish we could see more of Sookie's fairy power in action. I hope that's what eventually takes Marnie/Antonia out. Although, not yet. I'm loving her at the moment. Fiona Shaw is an amazing actress!

And what will she do with Eric???

Poor Jess having her invitation rescinded twice in one night. I always love how they back out the door!!

It's shaping up for a good Finale.

Reply 90#90 bala's post

Yes, that's what I thought. I mean come on, where was his sense of smell then??

Reply 92#92 gabsimom's post

Haha

Quote:
Originally posted by arksongbird80 at 8-16-2011 20:54  
What I don't understand is how both Bill and Eric knew something was wrong with sookie and yet Alcide makes it to her first...hmmm   
Yeh I know, that didn't ad up for me either. I mean, Bill has walked out into the sun when he sensed Sookie was in trouble before but he can't get away from a few witches with a bit of silver. At least Eric made an effort but got stopped by Wonder Witch Marnie!!

I thought Nelson did a great job in that scene. I really felt like it was ghost lady and not Lafayette. I think he's an under used actor to be honest!

The scene with Bill, Sookie and Eric was totally and utterly gratuituous! Plus they were trying to satisfy some of their gay followers at the same time, who want the whole Bill/Eric thing, too in a round about way. I think they could have done the scene, but just differently.

Sure Debbie gave Sookie up at the first chance. You cannot trust Debbie and I agree Tina, Alcide deserves better!

Totally side note. For those who read the books, is that how you pronounced Alcide's name when reading it? (Al seed) I pronounced it Al side!

34 12
Thread